• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***World Cup 2011 Qualifiers

Which 4 countries do you think will make the cut?

• Total voters

haroon510

International 12th Man
i am glad to see afghanistan coming back in the winning side... i am optimistic here... as someone told me here.. if afghans win two more matches.. they will be in the world cup.. so that is what i am shooting for... i am not expecting to see them win this tournment.. but at least a couple of more matches.. for the sake of afghan people lol..

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done to Afghanistan keeping their dreams alive and giving Kenya, Holland and Scotland a better chance. The crazy thing for them is that their best player Nadi yet fire.
Hooray for Afghanistan. And these persistent brain farts Kenyan batsmen have gosh!

Netherlands
Canada
Kenya
Ireland

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
My Picks For Monday: Some Serious thinking to be done:
Netherlands
Afghanistan (Take My Chances)
Kenya
Ireland
Uganda
Oman

By the way qualifying to super 8 means Afghanistan in Intercontinental Cup & Bermuda eliminated?

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
No these arnt odis. The first round was, but now all the sides are competing for it in this final stage so to speak, they arnt odis. Its a bit strange. But its definitely the case.
Hmmm, checking cricketarchive's page that does appear to be the case. But the final, 3rd place play-off and 5th-place play-off will be given ODI status, so it's possible that the Afghanistan players, or 11 of them anyway, will end the tournament with a single cap.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hmmm, checking cricketarchive's page that does appear to be the case. But the final, 3rd place play-off and 5th-place play-off will be given ODI status, so it's possible that the Afghanistan players, or 11 of them anyway, will end the tournament with a single cap.
Basically the ODI status finished at the end of group stages. But will be rewarded after the Super 8 stages to the top six sides. Techincally none of these sides have ODI status at present.

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Some interesting stuff in an interview with RTD over on CricketEurope.

He dismisses claims that Essex pushed him into leaving the tournament early, saying it was purely his decision. He will leave after the match against Namibia on Wednesday. He also says the Irish Middlesex players will leave as soon as they have made certain of WC qualification.

In other news, Ireland, Canada and Scotland have all replaced one player due to injury. Canada was dealt the heaviest blow with Davison having to leave the squad.
country first people come on!!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Netherlands
Canada
Kenya
Ireland
Bermuda
Oman

Can someone list the fixtures here next time? I've just wasted 15 minutes of my life trying to find out what the playoff matches are.

greggyb

Cricket Spectator
Basically the ODI status finished at the end of group stages. But will be rewarded after the Super 8 stages to the top six sides. Techincally none of these sides have ODI status at present.
Incorrect, matches between sides with current ODI status are deemed ODI, all other matches are LIST A matches until the semi finals and 5th/6th playoff will be ODIs regardless of who is playing with them.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Incorrect, matches between sides with current ODI status are deemed ODI, all other matches are LIST A matches until the semi finals and 5th/6th playoff will be ODIs regardless of who is playing with them.
Well then, why have the Kenya v Canada and Scotland v Netherlands games yesterday been classified as LIST A matches?

greggyb

Cricket Spectator
Well then, why have the Kenya v Canada and Scotland v Netherlands games yesterday been classified as LIST A matches?
Hmmm, I may have been wrong on that count. But I do in the pool stages the matches were only ODIs if 2 ODI classified teams were playing each other otherwise they were List A matches.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Hmmm, I may have been wrong on that count. But I do in the pool stages the matches were only ODIs if 2 ODI classified teams were playing each other otherwise they were List A matches.
Yep, they were ODI's through the group stages. At the moment none of the teams are ODI teams as they are trying to qualify/requalify. As you said though, once we're down to the final 6, ODI status will be reinstated. Weird.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Ireland all over UAE atm.

Kenya collapsing again.

Namibia going at snails pace

Afghanistan, Denmark and Uganda solid starts

Seren Waters somehow misses selection again for Kenya. Also Otieno in for Ongondo. Bit of a surprise.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
I think Kenya have forgotten how to play cricket.

Still a few batsmen left, but the top order fail again.

Last edited:

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Uae 38/6.

Kenya lose their 5th wicket just as they were solidifying. 98/5. Collins Obuya out for 32.

Last edited:

alvarez

First Class Debutant
The Kenya/Scotland scorecard hasnt moved for about 20 minutes.

129/7 and both their ODI status and World Cup spots in huge trouble as they still have to play Ireland.

Last edited: