• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's World Cup 2022

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Amazing knock there by Sciver. Made this one a proper contest. Congrats to the Aussie girls... They have been a level above and congrats to England for almost taking it away from them with that amazing performance, though it was really just Sciver. Excellent world cup. Semifinalists not decided till the last ball of the last league game and then a wonderful final. If, with more women's leagues and professional setups around the other sides, the other sides come up to the Aussie level, the women's game will be a treat to watch going forward.

Himannv

International Coach
It was a great tournament on the whole I think. Australia was always winning it, and if they didn't, it'd have been an incredible upset. I think England deserved to be in the finals as well despite their poor start - the knock by Sciver was fantastic although it came in a losing cause.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Your face is a cow tbh.

Pretty common phrase over here that a coach or captain of any team is only as good as their cattle (players).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to hear that Healy's off for a Queenstown holiday. Hope a few of her teammates take the opportunity for some downtime on these shores now too - they've earned it.

Flem274*

123/5
that was such a fun game. australia are a stupid team.
With scores like this wonder if they will consider pushing the boundaries back a bit
yeah it's getting patronising now. hagley oval is a big ground but this game wouldn't have been lowered by being 280 playing 190 or whatever. womens cricket have the power hitting now to play on normal boundaries.

though i guess the current admin view of more boundaries = better game will continue.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, leave the boundaries. This was a massively engaging tournament and I wouldn't change a thing. You know, apart from my team being pretty rubbish.

I dunno if it was because it was the worst summer in my lifetime for men's cricket, but I just loved it from the first game against the Windies. And people around me did too - people I thought I'd never be discussing women's cricket with.

I absolutely begrudge any view that women's sport should get the same exposure, money, whatever than men's sport if it isn't engaging. And the last month or so have been massively engaging. The striking is great. The fielding (certainly Australia) is athletic, it's sharp. The bowling is getting quicker, they're bowling bouncers, spinners like Ecclestone are top quality. And the passion they play with as well, those close finishes were absolutely gripping - I watched so many games I didn't expect to watch after looking on cricinfo and seeing it was getting close.

Real shame about the crowds not being allowed for the pool matches, which in turn ruled out any crowds for NZ. But women's cricket is trending upwards, I loved it.

I do worry about NZ, though. So, so far behind Australia it's a different sport and going to fall further behind England and probably India with their domestic comps as well. We need to get as many players into those comps (BBL, Hundred, women's IPL) and start putting more resources into our game, not only at international level but in the pathways as well so young women want to be White Ferns.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

In one week last month, at the height of the Cricket World Cup here in New Zealand, women’s sport accounted for 67 percent of the total viewing hours in Sky Sport’s top 50 live events, screened on the Sky Box and Sky Go.

And 14 of the top 20 rating slots on the Sky Box were women’s sport – which was also just under 40 percent of all the top 50 streams on Sky Sport Now.

That, Sky chief executive Sophie Moloney says, is hundreds of thousands of viewer hours of women’s cricket, rugby, netball, combat sport, football, league, golf, squash and the AFLW.

Some of those hours were spent watching landmark events for women in sport: The ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup, the inaugural Super Rugby Aupiki and netball’s ANZ Premiership, this year celebrating 25 years of elite netball in New Zealand. And there are more to come, like next year’s FIFA Women’s World Cup, to be played here for the first time.

So good. I have two young girls, and the upswing of women's sport is so exciting.