• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricket is less athletically demanding than soccer tho. The women aren't trying to keep up pace with the boys or be stronger than them, they can beat many a decent semi pro men's team just by bowling more accurately, taking their catches and not giving away their wickets.
Admittedly I'd like to see how the dudes would handle women's spin/medium bowling trying to force the pace for an entire game. Could see someone like Aaron Finch getting dismissed like the Inzi/Panesar one so easily trying to slog one over midwicket.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thailand beat Sri Lanka today!

Some massive results in this Asia Cup. Fantastic to see.
I'm disappointed that this year's Women's World T20 is only a 10-team tournament - would be nice to have room for some of these emerging nations.

Jack1

International Debutant
Admittedly I'd like to see how the dudes would handle women's spin/medium bowling trying to force the pace for an entire game. Could see someone like Aaron Finch getting dismissed like the Inzi/Panesar one so easily trying to slog one over midwicket.
I feel like that would get smashed everywhere by men's internationals (especially your average women's internationals bowler). Very few bowlers would be competitive against a top men's club side or in the county championship, but there are some that could be (very few, but then there's the problem that they have to bat).

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
What was that thing that happened with India and Bangladesh in the Asia Cup with Rohit Sharma and the no ball?

Because I think we just saw something similar happen here and that might just swing the game to India's favour

cnerd123

likes this
BD need 9 off the last over

Take a single, amazing inside out drive for four into the gap, then another single

BD need 3 runs in 3 balls

Batsman on strike hols out to long on

I swear that parallels here...

cnerd123

likes this
So you would think the striker, who is already on 20 odd, would decide it's on her to get a boundary off the next two balls. A double is okay, a single is not.

So she pulls it to the woman at deep midwicket and runs the east single

And then she casually ambles out of her crease, half hoping for a second that wasn't there, and the throw comes in from the deep to the bowler and she's run out.

2 to win in 1 ball

It would be so, so Bangladesh to **** this up.

And then the new girl swings it to the deep, and they sprint two

BANGLADESH WIN!!

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome game. Watched the highlights. Losing to saffers 8-0 the previous series then coming back and winning the Asia Cup was indeed great achievement.

Daemon

jesus i didn't even know she could bat. i thought that 81 she scored the other day was a random one off.

kingkallis

International Coach
I saw highlights of Smriti Mandhana's batting against the SA Women. Some of her shots reminded me of Graeme Smith.

_Ed_

Amelia Kerr wtf
I'm guessing the Irish women's team isn't that strong at the moment, but it's still becoming increasingly obvious that she's a New Zealand ATG in the making. Hope I can get to a White Ferns game next summer and see her live.