• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Women’s Premier League 2023

Molehill

International Captain
Not exactly seeing a 6's dominated game here, although Perry and Knight weren't the most obvious T20 picks for RCB. Mumbai should be trying to get these as quickly as possible to get their NRR back above Delhi's again to try and ensure automatic qualification to the Final.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Alice Capsey is really growing as a player throughout the tournament. Easy to forget her age.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Seeing the teams and once Mooney got injured, it was quite obvious that MI, DC and UP will be the 3 qualifying teams. UP is a well rounded team, DC strong on batting while MI strong on overseas all-rounders.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope to see some more teams added in future seasons - with some good overseas signings, I'm sure there'd be enough depth to support eight teams or so.

A bit more variety in the fixtures (and fewer play-off spots than three out of five) would make for a more interesting competition, IMO.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope to see some more teams added in future seasons - with some good overseas signings, I'm sure there'd be enough depth to support eight teams or so.

A bit more variety in the fixtures (and fewer play-off spots than three out of five) would make for a more interesting competition, IMO.
Yes, very little representation outside of SENA and India this season. A few SL, BD, Ireland and Thai players can potentially be added. While it will dilute the quality, it can also actually help in domestic players getting more chances.

For example, in the current MI team, the 4 overseas allrounders both bat and bowl for almost all of the 20 overs. Except Ishaque, all the other domestic players are just there to fill the team. But if those 4 guns are reduced to 2, then the domestic players can get more chances since they won't be much of a downgrade from players of SL, BD, Ire and Thai.

_Ed_

From a biased NZ point of view, I'd love to see more than two of our players in there in future too - Bates might be considered too old now, but the likes of Jonas, Green, Jess Kerr, Plimmer and Bezuidenhout would all be good signings IMO.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
From a biased NZ point of view, I'd love to see more than two of our players in there in future too - Bates might be considered too old now, but the likes of Jonas, Green, Jess Kerr, Plimmer and Bezuidenhout would all be good signings IMO.
Tahuhu is also good, isn't it?

Molehill

International Captain
Worth remembering that India just won the U19's World Cup so it's not like they don't have talent coming through to fill more sides.

Alice Capsey is really growing as a player throughout the tournament. Easy to forget her age.
She's undoubtedly now one of the stars of the tournament. I saw an interview with her earlier in the tournament where she said she's just learning as much as possible from Lanning. You could see her perhaps being the next England captain when Knight retires.

Himannv

International Coach
Matthews is still great with the ball but I feel like her batting isn't clicking as much as it used to before. Helps to have all those superstars coming in after, so her lack of impact with the bat isn't felt as much.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthews is still great with the ball but I feel like her batting isn't clicking as much as it used to before. Helps to have all those superstars coming in after, so her lack of impact with the bat isn't felt as much.
She is the 5th highest scorer in the WPL and has played a few crucial innings opening. I think her batting is fine right now.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Meg Lanning on verge of another trophy

Will be top 10 atg by the time she’s finished (male& female) and was an absolute steal in the draft

Spark

Global Moderator
Meg Lanning on verge of another trophy

Will be top 10 atg by the time she’s finished (male& female) and was an absolute steal in the draft
I think she's honestly almost underrated/forgotten in Australian sport even compared to some of her more well-known/more glamorous teammates. She is the epitome of a born winner.

_Ed_

All true, although their opponents were bloody impressive yesterday and won't be easybeats (presumably with the vast majority of the crowd behind them).

Will try to avoid spoilers when I get up in the morning, and I'm really looking forward to watching this final.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think she's honestly almost underrated/forgotten in Australian sport even compared to some of her more well-known/more glamorous teammates. She is the epitome of a born winner.
Pretty much sums it up

anil1405

International Captain
And now imagine how underrated Mooney is.