• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kumble seems to have set these guys targets or something. They're all putting high prices on their wickets and only really punishing the bad balls.

91Jmay

International Coach
Kumble seems to have set these guys targets or something. They're all putting high prices on their wickets and only really punishing the bad balls.
More like they know they are going to win and bat once so they are making sure they cash in for their records. Makes sense as well.

Holder deserved that wicket .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dont think it is so much about records tbh.. I dont think Kumble will be that kind of coach if his playing career was any indication. But surely there is a bit of "keep them on the field and tire them out so that they bat even worse" to what India are doing right now. I mean, it doesn't look like we are even trying to accelerate that much.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I don't think 500/9 is an accurate depiction of how well we bowled. I can see that the new bowling coach is having an effect as they were much better with their line and lengths and really kept at it. Holder bowled very well and performed the holding/workhorse effectively, whilst Gabriel is improving pretty quickly as the impact bowler. Cummins has the makings of a decent seamer but hwe will need time to develop. The big dissapointment was Bishoo. I used to love watching him bowl but he seems to have lost a lot of control since last year. Chase outbowled him and if he continues to develop there will be no place for Bishoo in the side.

The less said about our batting the better. It's going to be a long road to respectability!

India do look a very good side inspite of our ineptness. The batting in particular looks exceptionally solid and they are very well led. Still, thius might well be a draw. Very dangerous weather is heading Jamaica's way.

Niall

International Coach
It's day 3, get this declaration chat to ****.
The declaration talk makes sense this time though, because we are expecting a **** load of rain in the next few days, its possible that time tomorrow the draw could be the betting favourite, obviously we can't underestimate the West Indies ability to mess up even with rain in their corner, but Kohli should have declared much earlier.

Hopefully it does not come back to somewhat haunt him (they still cruise the series either way)

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope someone tons up for the Windies in the second innings. Unlike their t20 side there is actually a lot of likeable players in this team so I hope they perform for the sake

Gnske

I hope Chandrika tons up just so we have final proof that test cricket is dead

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The declaration talk makes sense this time though, because we are expecting a **** load of rain in the next few days, its possible that time tomorrow the draw could be the betting favourite, obviously we can't underestimate the West Indies ability to mess up even with rain in their corner, but Kohli should have declared much earlier.

Hopefully it does not come back to somewhat haunt him (they still cruise the series either way)
There is no chance the Windies bat out 2 days, rain assisted or not. They are garbage.

mr_mister

why is it ****ing raining in like every test these days

lets play these matches indoors now so over it

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Frankly speaking, I was not thinking about my hundred," Rahane said. "When Mishra and Shami got out, I told Umesh to play normal cricket. Just give your 100% whether defending or playing a shot. When I was on 95, [I told Umesh] just play normal cricket, and once I get my hundred, we'll play some shots."

harsh.ag

Frankly speaking, I was not thinking about my hundred," Rahane said. "When Mishra and Shami got out, I told Umesh to play normal cricket. Just give your 100% whether defending or playing a shot. When I was on 95, [I told Umesh] just play normal cricket, and once I get my hundred, we'll play some shots."
Amaze.

Gnske

Do we expect anything but lies and deceit from Indian cricketers?

Stace

First Class Debutant
How many balls will the opening partnership last? I'm going for an optimistic 39.