• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies Tour of the UK 2017

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I suppose it's because Woakes is being rested, so they have less faith in the lower order, but sticking with five bowlers after it fell apart last time is...brave.

Also Plunkett's such a gem these days isn't he.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ali's ODI bowling role hasn't added much value to the side in the last 1 year imo. His batting has obviously been a serious bonus at no. 7. I don't think any no. 7 bats better than him in world cricket now, except Hardik.
I feel a bit of tasting coming on...

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
and even though it was only 33, its nice that Kyle Hope had a bit of time in the middle. Seems a likeable guy

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Where has Sunil Ambris been? I watched our last List A tournament and it was obvious he's a decent young batsmen, rotates the strike better than most, averages 50 plus at a decent strike rate and he has been sitting for Marlon and Rovman Powell? That must not be allowed to happen any longer.

Very decent innings on debut, he looks the goods.

mr_mister

Marlon had a lot of kudos in the bank saved up from years of service(not necessarily solid service but still the man debuted in 2000)

it's definitely all gone now though, doubt we'll see him in anything other than a t20 again

But i could be wrong

mr_mister

i checked and after his awesome 2012 Marlon averaged like 37 in tests at that point and was seemingly heading toward a Carl Hooper calibre career, ie arguably a successful one despite the unfulfilled promise

now his test avg has dipped to like 32 and it's like.. a very lamentable waste of talent and a rather forgettable career

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Where has Sunil Ambris been? I watched our last List A tournament and it was obvious he's a decent young batsmen, rotates the strike better than most, averages 50 plus at a decent strike rate and he has been sitting for Marlon and Rovman Powell? That must not be allowed to happen any longer.

Very decent innings on debut, he looks the goods.
Didn't face the most challenging death bowling but still, he looked decent. Certainly no need for Samuels to be taking up space ahead of young talent.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins has been arse this whole series. Shame because he looks like he has the tools to succeed.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
So we lose the good Morgan but we get the good Roy back. Happy for those two to align their patches of form accordingly tbh.

Groundking

International Debutant
Glad that Bairstow is showing his stuff up the order, gives us more options, and hopefully his odi form and time at the crease translates to test form. The question is, is with Roy back in good nick how do we get all 4 of Bairstow, Root, Hales and Roy in the team?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Thumping win, Windies batting was so abject
Marlon let us down badly with that innings. That's 2 ODIs where he has massively stalled our momentum. With someone like Ambris in the wings we can't keep him in the side. That's it for him I think.

Shai Hope needs to rotate the strike more effectively but I'm pretty sure he'll get there and he averages 40 plus in ODIs so he's clearly scoring runs regularly enough.

I just feel the selectors have got this so badly wrong. It's clear they don't understand the demands of modern ODI cricket.

Last edited: