• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe and South Africa

sideshowtim

Banned
Absolutely magnificent by the Windies! Congratulations, couldn't be happier! One of the biggest upsets in Test history.

But just when you thought South Africa could rival Australia for #1...They put in a performance like this and get owned at home by the bloody Windies. Steyn was largely awful, and after destroying the Kiwi batsmen, well, this performance really put that one into perspective.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Absolutely magnificent by the Windies! Congratulations, couldn't be happier! One of the biggest upsets in Test history.

But just when you thought South Africa could rival Australia for #1...They put in a performance like this and get owned at home by the bloody Windies. Steyn was largely awful, and after destroying the Kiwi batsmen, well, this performance really put that one into perspective.
Who exactly is this "you"? :p I didn't think anyone was thinking that in the slightest considering the demolishion job that Aussies recently did on the Saffies.

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Its a big welcome back to fold of competitive test playing nations to the West Indies.

Its been far too long between drinks on the road and this win will lift the respect stakes of the people back in the Caribbean I’m sure. More importantly it may give the players some belief in themselves.

I’m hoping to see more of it (Got that foxtel, I’m hoping to see it)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
wow... the Windies are winning away.... great for cricket.

And is it just a coincidence that they are doing this well when Gayle is captain or does it just show that the players seem to respond better to Gayle and his captaincy acumen is better than that of Sarwan???

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
wow... the Windies are winning away.... great for cricket.

And is it just a coincidence that they are doing this well when Gayle is captain or does it just show that the players seem to respond better to Gayle and his captaincy acumen is better than that of Sarwan???
Or maybe it's no reflect on the captaincy at all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Or maybe it's no reflect on the captaincy at all.
I haven't honestly seen enough of Gayle as captain to comment but Sarwan looked very unfit to be a captain, AFAIC and honestly, juz looking at how things went in that Champions Trophy match against Australia, I think Gayle is perhaps one of those guys who seem to fire up their side and also seem to play juz that trifle better with the responsibility...

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Is anyone aware if South Africa are still using a race quota in there team and if so what that quota is.

It's time Gibbs spot in the team came up for serious discussion but are they able to replace him if the player replacing him is not mixed race or of African ethnic origin.

Majin

International Debutant
Stoked for the Windies to get a win, good stuff. Hopefully they can carry this on and pull out more victories.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Stoked for the Windies to get a win, good stuff. Hopefully they can carry this on and pull out more victories.
Agreed.

Gibbs to get dropped for the second test was on the cards earlier. i hope Dippenaar gets a crack.

pup11

International Coach
Agreed.

Gibbs to get dropped for the second test was on the cards earlier. i hope Dippenaar gets a crack.
Yeah Gibbs deserves to get dropped but i would be more inclined on giving blokes Van Wyk, Morne Morkel (if he is fit) a chance and why the hell are the South Africans ignoring Pollock who is still their best bowler, just because he has lost a few yards of pace doesn't mean he has lost his effectiveness, his nagging line and length still makes him a very potent bowler and Proteas just need to get over their facinction for fast bowling and treat Pollock with the respect he deserves.

pup11

International Coach
Is Sarwan still injured then?
I don't rate Sarwan much as captain as he doesn't seem to have the leadership skills to captain an international team, so it would better for him and West Indian cricket if he is not handed with the added burden of captaincy, Gayle seems to be a much better choice he is not the perfect captaincy material either but still he is the best bloke to lead the West Indian side out of the current lot.
Anyways great to see West Indies doing well and really its going to be great if West Indian cricket somehow can atleast manage to be competetive again in world cricket, i have always been a great fan of West Indian cricket i really love the flair with which the game is (or was) played in the Caribbean and the passion that the West Indian public have for the game is also amazing and they deserve a lot better performance from their team, so i hope this test win is a step in the right direction.