• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Sri Lanka

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
JASON said:
Rain halts play on 3rd day . SL 4/171
From cricinfo:

We shall as before let you have the latest situation as soon as we
know
The crows and ravens are waiting for the groudstaff to go away so
they may have lunch too
Aah the tropics! The rain stopped as quickly as it began, the crows
left after a short meal on worms and the umpires are out looking
things over, so perhaps after some sopping up of the rainwater on
the covers, play may resume
<quack> Mmmmmmmmmmm, worms

dinu23

International Debutant
not really impressed with SL this series. for a team playing against a second string lineup and playing in home coditions the performance is pretty poor.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree completely with above comments. SL overall have played rubbish !!

WI youngsters have played very well in an away series and this is great for WI cricket as finally there are signs of good players emerging for windies who with a bit of fine tuning and little more experience will do well for them in the future.

Its back to square one for SL and lots of soul searching and considerations of retirements (enforced or voluntary ) in the near future must be a little consideration to be thought of !!

BTW Chaminda Vaas has pulled a hammy (hamstring) !! Unavailable in WI second innings !

Any bets on Windies making the target ? :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Rain interrupts Day 4 - WI 1/24 Malinga the wicket taker .

? Could rain save windies ( Only justified considering SL were rubbish most of the Test ! :mellow: )

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well the rain is over - in a way I'd say Vaas' injury is a good thing for SL.

Now the back-up seamers HAVE to stand up and be counted, show what they're made of.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Sri Lankans not doing themselves any favours:
15.1 Muralitharan to Ramdass, no run, drives to midwicket and dropped by
Chandan at short midwicket
14.4 Malinga to Chanderpaul, no run, dropped by Sangakkara as it brushed
the glove through down the leg side

..and Murali gets another...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Just when I thought they can't do worse - our cricketers prove me wrong again !! :D :laugh: :laugh:

14.4 Malinga to Chanderpaul, no run, dropped by Sangakkara as it brushed
the glove through down the leg side
15.1 Muralitharan to Ramdass, no run, drives to midwicket and dropped by
Chandan at short midwicket

Last one didn't cost much as Ramdass out 2 balls later . 3/45 now.

Just noticed Dasa's post !! Apologies for the repetition ! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali gets another 8 wicket haul. Windies all out 137.

SL Team needs to examine itself closely on their performances and how they achieved this win !! They will be stupid to think this was a great performance !

Can't feel happy :@ about such a hollow victory over a depleted opponent, who really pulled more punches than they were expected to and actually despite their loss have more positives to take than the Victor on this occasion, IMO.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
From cricinfo:

<quack> Mmmmmmmmmmm, worms
:D As a kid I have occasionally on long distances car trips bought pastries at some bakeries in Rural SL and while eating felt my food move in my lips and to my horror have discovered that I was eating live worms inside pastry !! :laugh: :laugh:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't feel happy about such a hollow victory over a depleted opponent, who really pulled more punches than they were expected to and actually despite their loss have more positives to take than the Victor on this occasion, IMO
Exactly. Same reason why Murali's 8-fer and his 6-fer in the first Test should be looked upon in the proper light too; cheap wickets against the third team of the West Indies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Top_Cat said:
Exactly. Same reason why Murali's 8-fer and his 6-fer in the first Test should be looked upon in the proper light too; cheap wickets against the third team of the West Indies.
Think Sri Lanka would have been pretty happy to have someone else taking all the wickets this series. Would have been good for the future to see the Maestro to take the back seat to someone else.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
JASON said:
Can't feel happy :@ about such a hollow victory over a depleted opponent, who really pulled more punches than they were expected to and actually despite their loss have more positives to take than the Victor on this occasion, IMO.
I guess the Sri Lankan board couldnt do any thing, or else they would have. They should have asked for compensation from the WICB for loss of revenues over lack of interest or lack of adequate returns for the sponsorts for the series.

This is why I thought a special pointer by Atapattu to thank the sponsors in the end was the least the Sri Lankans could do.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
marc71178 said:
Well the rain is over - in a way I'd say Vaas' injury is a good thing for SL.

Now the back-up seamers HAVE to stand up and be counted, show what they're made of.
Or maybe not! :D

Legglancer

State Regular
Top_Cat said:

I think this West Indian team is actually Worse than Bangladesh ..... :blink: Thats the sad reality. :down:

not too long ago, they were the "King's Of Cricket", let's hope the good old day's will return soon !