• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
David Warner didn't. Though agreed it was a snorter from Gabriel. Windies been excellent this morning.
Warner had an exceptional series. Im speaking more in the lines of the length of a career as a top order batsmen. Warner was helped by south africa also bowling too short we became predictable.

Guys like warner and sehwag is/were the exception to almost every rule in test cricket lol

Athlai

Not Terrible
3 of the top 5 fastest Test 50s have been scored this year. The game has changed remarkably. They're all so unlikely too. Shillingford, Misbah, and Steyn.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marlon Samuels is like a ghostly figure in international cricket. I have no idea what to expect from him, and whether or not to consider him a serious cricketer and a senior test match veteran.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
WI with a decent shot at saving this test match you'd think. Tahir looked pretty useless.
Christ almighty, why is that **** in the Test team again? Jesus. ****.

Anyway, this series is boring me. I know that unless Test cricket expands it will die, but maybe it should die. Our next Test series is against Bangladesh and then the Test team formerly known as England.

God help us.

And ****ing Ireland want Test status!

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Ireland are no worse than Zimbabwe or Bangladesh, its fair.

Also, this series is pretty bad, agreed. Its not fun watching your team play opponents who are so clearly inferior. Especially at home.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Yes, that sounded harsh. Ireland are maybe no worse than Zim or Bang. But ****, it doesn't enthrall me, the prospect of playing Ireland.

This is the only Test series we're playing this summer because of the World Cup, and it's clear the players, spectators, everyone, just don't care. Windies must play in a league with Eire, Zim, Bang, Kenya, England, until they sort their **** out. Which will be never.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Miraculously got the android sports watching app working up here in the Alpes today. Steyn not giving a **** with the bat, great!
And Im jumping on the why-the-hell-Tahir-again banwagon. Again.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Tahir was in because Piedt is injured, iirc. It's him or Peterson unfortunately, and honestly I prefer Tahir. Tahir at least makes you feel like he could pull out a jaffa now and then.

Tahir is one of the saddest stories in SA cricket. He seemed to have the potential to do so well, but he has just collapsed into a heap at the final hurdle. This SA team with a quality leggie would have been something else.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tahir was in because Piedt is injured, iirc. It's him or Peterson unfortunately, and honestly I prefer Tahir. Tahir at least makes you feel like he could pull out a jaffa now and then.

Tahir is one of the saddest stories in SA cricket. He seemed to have the potential to do so well, but he has just collapsed into a heap at the final hurdle. This SA team with a quality leggie would have been something else.
The odd thing about Tahir is that he's a gun limited overs bowler.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Not really. It makes sense to me.

His biggest issue is that he is wayward. While that flat out makes him a poor test spinner, it sometimes ends up working to his advantage. He's a very difficult guy to bat against because he's so hard to predict. When he bowls one with width outside off, you don't know if he just bowled a bad line, or if he is bowling his googly. He is very difficult to attack because of that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not really. It makes sense to me.

His biggest issue is that he is wayward. While that flat out makes him a poor test spinner, it sometimes ends up working to his advantage. He's a very difficult guy to bat against because he's so hard to predict. When he bowls one with width outside off, you don't know if he just bowled a bad line, or if he is bowling his googly. He is very difficult to attack because of that.
Well it should because being wayward in ODIs is limited overs is even more harshly dealt with.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well it should because being wayward in ODIs is limited overs is even more harshly dealt with.
Nah, it's not really true as a spinner. In limited overs cricket you have the field back with lots of protection.. in theory in case the batsmen decide to go large, but it also helps protect you if you bowl loose deliveries. Test cricket is more about wicket-taking than limited overs cricket, but in order to take wickets in Tests you need to build pressure and avoid bowling pies. Tahir's a good limited overs bowler because there's more protection for his pies and his good balls are actually quite hard to attack due to his variations.

I think this is actually one of the key points of evolution in limited overs bowling. It used to be about not bowling bad balls, but it's increasingly becoming about developing a style that is hard to get hold of when you bowl good balls because the batsmen don't wait for the bad ones anymore.