• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

Nishant

International 12th Man
poor performance by WI. I honetly expected a better performance from them! Anyway, u neve know with cricket ( although its quite unlikely that Lara scores a double hundred and Edwards does a gillespie!)

shortpitched713

International Captain
Umar Gul once again showing his ability to mix wicket taking balls in with rubbish ones. Honestly, I'm still not quite sure what to make of him at this point. Hopefully its just his youth and lack of experience showing, but he won't be able to get away with this kind of thing against better batting lineups.

oz_fan

International Regular
50 partnership up for Lara and Chanderpaul. Lara on 67 and Chanderpaul on 30. WI 152/4 still trailing by 127 runs.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lara looking like he could pull a good one out of the bag to give the West Indies some hope of avoiding the loss, but he'll need support from Chanderpaul.

Dravid

International Captain
Pakistan has to come in and bat to get 13 runs...haha. Don't think Taylor was really out..or atleast I didnt hear anything. I guess De Silva just felt sorry for the West Indies and ended it asap.

Dravid

International Captain
2-1. Couldnt even get a 13 run partnership and save the trouble for the next batsman to come in and bat for no reason.

Beleg

International Regular
Hopefully its just his youth and lack of experience showing, but he won't be able to get away with this kind of thing against better batting lineups.
How many batting lineups are better then Lara (world class), Chanderpaul (world class), Sarwan (very good) and Gayle (very good)?

Australia is the only one that come to mind.

In any case, this game just goes to show on how excellent a batsman Brian Lara is.

Dravid

International Captain
Beleg said:
How many batting lineups are better then Lara (world class), Chanderpaul (world class), Sarwan (very good) and Gayle (very good)?

In any case, this game just goes to show on how excellent a batsman Brian Lara is.
India...

Sachin(World Class) Dravid(World Class) Yuvraj(Very Good) Sehwag(Very Good)

shortpitched713

International Captain
Beleg said:

Sarwan and Gayle are both overrated in Tests.

Anyway, as far as today's match goes, I was a bit dissapointed with Kaneria. Only getting one wicket in the second innings, and three for the match was pretty poor from the guy who was expected to be our main strike bowler. Granted, he didn't get to use a fifth day pitch, but he can't justify his place on the team if he can't take wickets on the first four days.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Next year over here in England believe is his final series. I hope he decides to play until 40 a la Sobers, Lloyd & Richards..

Looking at the test series in general i think the West Indies if they get their act together have what it takes to upset Pakistan in this series, but knowing them i won't count on them.

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
TBH i see this series goin the way of West Indies' outing in Sri Lanka 2001. Losing the 3 test series 3-0 with Lara scoring heavily. I am so fed up with Gayle, Sarwan and co.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Beleg said:
Potentially South Africa are better too, with Kallis but its close enough so I'd give the edge to the Windies. And I would take the Pakistan batting lineup too, over WI. Yousuf is on fire, Inzy is world class, etc. They have problems at the top, but then there aren't too many excellent openers out there atm.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
magsi23 said:
wouldnt say better then, may be equal to WI
Yes that's why we won against WI in their own home. The big difference was the batting in the last Test. No one in the WI squad stood up and took the responsibilty to bat like a world class batsmen on a very difficult pitch like Dravid did. Even without Tendulkar, our batting was far superior than that of WI, and the recent test series (especially the last test match) proved it.

Slifer

International Captain
Yeah I agree. I would place WI's batting lineup behind the following the following teams in no particular order:
Australia
India
Pakistan
RSA
England
SriLanka
WI

shortpitched713

International Captain
Slifer said:
Yeah I agree. I would place WI's batting lineup behind the following the following teams in no particular order:
Australia
India
Pakistan
RSA
England
SriLanka
WI
Surprised you didn't list Bangla and Zimbabwe as well. :laugh: