• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in Pakistan

Fusion

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Sounds like Malik gave away his wicket there.
Couldn't have been an easier catch. After all the good work he did to support Yousaf yesterday, he threw it away today.

And Yousaf almost got caught just now. Pakistan off to a shaky start this morning.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Me thinks Lara could've made a better effort on that Yousaf chance. Yousaf has been dropped twice in the innings so far. While this wouldn't qualify as a drop, it was a legitimate chance. I hope he keeps making them pay for letting him off! :)

Dravid

International Captain
Kamran seems to be good support for Yousuf. Will be tough for West Indies to get back into this match

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was extremely disappointed with the way Bravo and RAmdin got out. One can't blame Gayle, Sarwan, Chanders and Ganga for them getting out. Gayle got a roughie, the other three were out even before they got their eyes in. But Bravo and Ramdin were looking good at the crease and the way they got out was just amazingly silly. Will be very tough for the Windies to get back into this game now.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jerome Taylor looks to be heading for a 5 wicket haul, Kamran Akmal showing good support to Mohammad Yousuf who once again continues his run of big scores. He will need to right his poor record against Australia, South Africa and Sri Lanka before he can be considered world class. He has an excellent record against the West Indies though, averaging around 90. Great batsman.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Perm said:
Jerome Taylor looks to be heading for a 5 wicket haul, Kamran Akmal showing good support to Mohammad Yousuf who once again continues his run of big scores. He will need to right his poor record against Australia, South Africa and Sri Lanka before he can be considered world class. He has an excellent record against the West Indies though, averaging around 90. Great batsman.
I reckon if given the chance he will. He had a poor record against India until recently, but has turned that around, and I'd expect he'll do the same with the other teams. He had a good tour of Australia last time around, and that century at the MCG was sublime.

Perm

I couldn't agree more, I'm very sure he will right his average against Sri Lanka because their seem to be quite a few matches between them and Pakistan. Not sure when he will get a chance against South Africa and Australia but he'll have to make some better scores if he is to be considered world class. His average of 250 odd against Bangladesh inflates his average a bit.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Perm said:
I couldn't agree more, I'm very sure he will right his average against Sri Lanka because their seem to be quite a few matches between them and Pakistan. Not sure when he will get a chance against South Africa and Australia but he'll have to make some better scores if he is to be considered world class. His average of 250 odd against Bangladesh inflates his average a bit.
Pak tours SA after this that tour will confirm whether he can be bracketed with Ponting, Dravid and Co or he is a level below them

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lolz...at CT we had the fake Inzi now in this match we have seen the fake chacha sporting the WI colours..

btw Chacha cricket is:cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is a pretty poor effort from WI.

When Yousuf comes out and slams the pitch for being too flat (a batsman!), and then the WI lose early wickets its very disappointing. Hopefully Lara can maybe rescue WI, although I'd rather Shiv score for financial reasons.

Perm

West Indies seem to have lost this test, I thought the big 3 in the Pakistani middle order might be a bit too classy for the West Indies bowling but I still didn't think that their batting would be this poor. Those couple of early chances that went down off Yousuf really cost the West Indies, I can't see them doing very well from here. Hopefully Nazir and Gul bowl as well as they did in the first innings.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Perm said:
West Indies seem to have lost this test, I thought the big 3 in the Pakistani middle order might be a bit too classy for the West Indies bowling but I still didn't think that their batting would be this poor. Those couple of early chances that went down off Yousuf really cost the West Indies, I can't see them doing very well from here. Hopefully Nazir and Gul bowl as well as they did in the first innings.
Agree, even a Lara special would leave them still some way short. Unless Bravo and Chanderpaul fancy a bit of crease occupation.