• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Before his NZ debut? I think Nicholls suffered from "ugly duckling" syndrome, made ungainly runs in comparison to Canty teammate Tom Latham who was 1 year ahead on early career trajectory.

But when shifted to List A opener in 2014-15 he started putting runs on the board that could not be ignored - 45 (38), 60 (72), 70 (58), 89 (77), 12 (23) , 178 (161) in Ford Trophy.
Yeah while playing domestic cricket. You're right he looked a bit ungainly and technique looked like it won't stand the scrutiny of international cricket. Proved all those theories wrong all right.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

In contrast to Wellington, I've noted there probably has been enough sun in the last 15 days for a 140+ reverse-cupped rocket being sent down on this one. We've obviously been through this routine often enough now to not jump to conclusions that it's a <150 pitch purely on colour.

nzfan

In contrast to Wellington, I've noted there probably has been enough sun in the last 15 days for a 140+ reverse-cupped rocket being sent down on this one. We've obviously been through this routine often enough now to not jump to conclusions that it's a <150 pitch purely on colour.
Thanks mate... No Santner then.

They may shave off a bit though.

nzfan

Man, maybe no Mitchell either. Sure, the pitch would suit him, but four bowlers should be fine on that surface. Bat Conway at 5.

(Wishful thinking I know. Shh.)
No chance for Conway... Not yet. Darryl or Santa will play no doubt.

Fizzing for tomorrow, can't wait.

Flem274*

123/5
combined side of the test summer before a ball is bowled

tom latham
azhar ali
kane williamson
babar azam
ross taylor
bj watling
jason holder
yasir shah
neil wagner
trent boult
mohammad abbas

i look forward to seeing how that team looks at the end of the 4 tests.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

tom latham
azhar ali
kane williamson
babar azam
ross taylor
bj watling
jason holder
yasir shah
neil wagner
trent boult
mohammad abbas

Needs more Conway.

Flem274*

123/5
kane c'd will young is opening, blundell to take the gloves and bat #6.

on one hand im stoked for young, on the other converting middle order batsmen to opener is yuck and his only real weakness is he has a bit of a front pad early on. i guess it's a short term appointment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
also pews plz no to the richard nostalgia avatar
Magrat owns my avatar currently for my failure to start simming CPL by Dec 1. It's actually a political reference but its resemblance to Richard's avatar might have factored into her decision.

jcas0167

International Debutant

tom latham
azhar ali
kane williamson
babar azam
ross taylor
bj watling
jason holder
yasir shah
neil wagner
trent boult
mohammad abbas

I have a feeling Jamieson will be the test bowler of the summer.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
No Spark has the rights to NZ cricket.

Pity you can't just buy a cricket pass, don't particularly care for the other stuff Spark offers. Though F1 and Premier League isn't a bad shout actually.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he means Sky Sports UK. I assume this stream is for countries where no one bought the rights.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Super excited for this match! The Windies are definitely a hard team to place, feels like they have the talent without the consistency. Probably something you could say for the last 10 years though I suppose.

Glad to see Will Young debut! Makes him the second player from the super 8's schools cricket I played ~12 years ago in the team, now look where we are, Kane is the test captain, Will is making his debut and I play 2nd grade cricket and ****post on the internet. How far we've come.