• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in New Zealand 2013/14

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well, given that the majority of bowling that he will face today is likely to be either gentle medium pace or gun barrell fast-medium pies, there's not a lot there to shake that confidence.
I just think that Tino Best is in the team for his aggression. His last over was the 11th over of the day, because of the slow overrate it occurred just before the drinks break. Taking a wicket from the last ball of the over, meant that Redmond would be facing the first ball of the next over, his first opportunity at Test Cricket in ages. I feel it was madness to continue with Sammy who had already bowled 8 overs, instead of bringing on Best.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's probably just me being a stick in the mud as usual, but I kind of fail to see how a batsman who is very limited technically, has had a pretty mediocre domestic batting career overall and found himself dropped from the PS side less than two seasons ago has been selected on "weight of runs". He was good last season and he's started this season well; that really shouldn't be enough for someone of his age and technique, especially given he got dropped the season before, so he's very lucky to be there. This isn't like a Fulton/Sinclair recall that you can really get behind due to consistent domestic domination; he's just lucky to be in good form at the right time.

The only particularly good thing to come out of it is the fact that he'll be missing some domestic cricket and I have a bet with Bahnz that Papps will score more runs than him.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully Redmond will only be selected for one maybe two matches max. Rutherford and Fulton have both made starts, so even if Redmond goes big, I doubt it'll be enough to push either of these two out in the short run.

Flem274*

123/5
It's probably just me being a stick in the mud as usual, but I kind of fail to see how a batsman who is very limited technically, has had a pretty mediocre domestic batting career overall and found himself dropped from the PS side less than two seasons ago has been selected on "weight of runs". He was good last season and he's started this season well; that really shouldn't be enough for someone of his age and technique, especially given he got dropped the season before, so he's very lucky to be there. This isn't like a Fulton/Sinclair recall that you can really get behind due to consistent domestic domination; he's just lucky to be in good form at the right time.

The only particularly good thing to come out of it is the fact that he'll be missing some domestic cricket and I have a bet with Bahnz that Papps will score more runs than him.
The second half of Fulton's career was mediocre at best and this is a one off selection. We don't need Redmond to play 100 test matches, we need him to play one. He's in the middle of the form of his life, has a lot of experience and is expendable. He is the perfect option to play one test match.

So basically you're being a stick in the mud.;)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully Redmond will only be selected for one maybe two matches max. Rutherford and Fulton have both made starts, so even if Redmond goes big, I doubt it'll be enough to push either of these two out in the short run.
The second half of Fulton's career was mediocre at best and this is a one off selection. We don't need Redmond to play 100 test matches, we need him to play one. He's in the middle of the form of his life, has a lot of experience and is expendable. He is the perfect option to play one test match.

So basically you're being a stick in the mud.;)
awta

Just view this as the Aaron Redmond tribute match; a reward for many years of domestic service to Otago :happy:

Mike5181

International Captain
Redmond's the most likely guy to score runs in this particular test match. That's all we really need to know for a one test match injury replacement.

Ryan19

School Boy/Girl Captain

Fulton didn't score a century in either the 10/11 or the 11/12 PS seasons. I guess they didn't want to pick Raval or Cachopa for a one off.