• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Going by cricinfo it sounds as if Strauss's dismissal was depressingly according to type. Was it really that bad?

Moreover, is his decline terminal? Much more of this & he'll be dipping below 40 soon, average-wise.

Back to the great unwashed.... 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You'd have to think it is if it carries on much longer. FFS, if all it takes is pitching the ball up, well...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You'd have to think it is if it carries on much longer. FFS, if all it takes is pitching the ball up, well...
... or pitching it short and waitinng for him to hole out or mess up an attempted cut. The bowlers are spoilt for choice really. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vaughan's worrying me a bit here, too. And is anyone else hating this horrible new helmet-style of his?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It seemed to me that he didn't pick it up properly, TBH. And he's hit the fielders with those drives of his several times already, and that always worries me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's much more like it from Vaughan - hit it up with no fielder back, hit it down with a fielder there. I'm a bit more confident now.

(Watches as Vaughan gets out next over)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another slow wicket not helping England's bowlers (well Harmison given some others are injured) one iota and another even slower Vaughan innings where he'll probably contrive to get out at around 20-30 by miscuing the ball to a fielder.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A big ton could take Cook's average back to 50 here. It's not important, but I'm a bit bored on my lunch break and decided to work it out.

(cue Cook getting out)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
cricinfo said:
17.4 Powell to Vaughan, FOUR, great shot, a smidgen short outside off, Vaughan rockets round with a very strong pull indeed. He just stands, delivers... and then admires, no need to leave his crease

That's what we want :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vaughan playing an ODI innings here... how irresponsible, doesn't he realise it's a test?
This innings demonstrates perfectly why Vaughan is a good Test player and a poor ODI player. Anyone who has uttered in any seriousness the "he scores quickly in Tests, so all he needs to do is play the same way in ODIs" just doesn't have a clue what they're on about.