• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Bangladesh 2021

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
My likely Odi lineup:

1. Sunil Ambris (vice-captain)
2. Joshua Da Silva (wk)
3. Kyle Mayers
4. Jason Mohammed (captain)
5. Rovman Powell
6. Raymon Reifer
7. Romario Shepherd
8. Alzarri Joseph
9. Chemar Holder
10.Hayden Walsh jr
11. Akeal Hosein

Bench:
Kjorn Ottley
Jahmar Hamilton
Nkrumah Bonner
Andre McCarthy

Looking at my eleven and you would say why so many all-rounders? I think scoring will be hard...and at some point in the innings, we will be a lot of wickets down, and we'll need to push on with hitters down the order. Da Silva is an opening batsman, so that's where he belongs. Opening the bowling with Akeal Hosein might be a good option for Jason Mohammed (I think they both play for the same club in Trinidad). Hayden Walsh in the middle overs; I might give him an over in the powerplay if needed. Chemar and Shepherd are bowlers who bowl consistent line and length...Shepherd gets the new ball. Kyle Mayers has to prove his worth...Been bossing curry goat cricket in the Caribbean for a while now. With this squad, there's a lot of room for experimentation, which is exactly what I'm doing.
I could definitely live with your team. As you said, this is our chance to experiment and hopefully identify some good performers. The bowling is particularly important, as I feel our batting in ODI's is settled and pretty good.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I could definitely live with your team. As you said, this is our chance to experiment and hopefully identify some good performers. The bowling is particularly important, as I feel our batting in ODI's is settled and pretty good.
Yeah, the more they play together, the more morale will be in good spirits. I want them to play as a unit. The bowlers should be able to pass on information readily.

Beamer

Yeah, the more they play together, the more morale will be in good spirits. I want them to play as a unit. The bowlers should be able to pass on information readily.
Tbh, I'll just enjoy not watching Chase and Brooks having their feet planted on the popping crease innings after innings. Kraigg is still there to do that but you can't win them all.....

It will be good to see some new batsmen get a run.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I like the squads and giving as many youngsters as possible a free hit. What I dont get is why some established players arent selected for both formats.
Blackwood and cornwall arent in the odi sqaud and Ambris isnt in the test squad. Even Campbell could improve the odi team.
Is it possible some players only agreed to do one format?
From what I can see only 5 players are in both squads Bonner, mayers, reifer, da Silva and joseph

Tom Flint

International Regular
So my first choice XI for each.....

Tests:

Braithwaite (c)
Campbell
Mosely
Bonner
Blackwood
Da Silva (wk)
Reifer
Cornwall
Permaul
Roach
Gabriel

ODI

Ambris
Mayers
Powell
Mohammed (c)
McCarthy
Da Silva (wk)
Ottley
Hossain
Shepherd
Joseph
Walsh Jr

I'd take reifer out the test team and put another batsman in, unless you think raymon is more likely to score runs than any of the other young bats

SillyCowCorner1

Reifer is in the test team because he’s got a good record for us as an All-rounder. He played a vital part in us winning 5 FC championships in a row.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Reifer is in the test team because he’s got a good record for us as an All-rounder. He played a vital part in us winning 5 FC championships in a row.
I get that but I see no point in playing 3 seamers.
I've hot a bad feeling they will play gabriel, Joseph and roach in the 1st test.

SillyCowCorner1

I get that but I see no point in playing 3 seamers.
I've hot a bad feeling they will play gabriel, Joseph and roach in the 1st test.
Gabriel is not made for sub continental pitches. A guy like Reifer might prove to be more effective...BD have had a few decent left arm pacers recently: Mustafizur and Abu Hider Rony. Workload on Gabriel I think might be too much on his body...and we don’t want him to pull up.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I'd bet with a bit of confidence that Bangladesh go in with 1 seam bowler, and he will bowl no more than 4 overs an innings.
Reifer and roach might be enough

Binkley

U19 Captain
Bloody hell - the West Indies have almost single-handily kept cricket alive this year! I am not surprised some of the team have opted out of the tour, but huge kudos to those who are going to Bangladesh given an already extraordinarily long time touring other places in very strange and harsh conditions.

SillyCowCorner1

So Bangladesh has announced 'preliminary squads' for both Tests and ODIs:

ODIs: Tamim Iqbal (capt), Momimul Haque, Taskin Ahmed, Khaled Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Hasan Mahmud, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mustafizur Rahman, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hassan Miraz, Mohammad Mithun, Taijul Islam, Liton Das, Nurul Hasan, Yasir Ali, Shadman Islam, Saif Hassan, Nayeem Hasan, Abu Jayed, Ebadot Hossain

Tests: Momimul Haque, Taskin Ahmed, Tamim Iqbal, Khaled Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Hasan Mahmud, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mustafizur Rahman, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hassan Miraz, Mohammad Mithun, Taijul Islam, Liton Das, Nurul Hasan, Yasir Ali, Shadman Islam, Saif Hassan, Nayeem Hasan, Abu Jayed, Ebadot Hossain

+
+
+
Some new names in the ODI squad that I am not familiar with: Khaleed Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, and Yasir Ali.

Let me build a starting XI:

1. Tamim Iqbal (capt.)
2. Liton Das/Saif Hassan
3. Shakib Al Hasan
4. Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
5. Najmul Hossain Shanto
6. Mithun
7. Miraz
8. Taijul
9. Ebadot
10. Taskin
11. Mustafizur

Beamer

So Bangladesh has announced 'preliminary squads' for both Tests and ODIs:

ODIs: Tamim Iqbal (capt), Momimul Haque, Taskin Ahmed, Khaled Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Hasan Mahmud, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mustafizur Rahman, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hassan Miraz, Mohammad Mithun, Taijul Islam, Liton Das, Nurul Hasan, Yasir Ali, Shadman Islam, Saif Hassan, Nayeem Hasan, Abu Jayed, Ebadot Hossain

Tests: Momimul Haque, Taskin Ahmed, Tamim Iqbal, Khaled Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Hasan Mahmud, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mustafizur Rahman, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hassan Miraz, Mohammad Mithun, Taijul Islam, Liton Das, Nurul Hasan, Yasir Ali, Shadman Islam, Saif Hassan, Nayeem Hasan, Abu Jayed, Ebadot Hossain

+
+
+
Some new names in the ODI squad that I am not familiar with: Khaleed Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, and Yasir Ali.

Let me build a starting XI:

1. Tamim Iqbal (capt.)
2. Liton Das/Saif Hassan
3. Shakib Al Hasan
4. Mushfiqur Rahim (wk)
5. Najmul Hossain Shanto
6. Mithun
7. Miraz
8. Taijul
9. Ebadot
10. Taskin
11. Mustafizur
I think we are going to get annihilated in the ODI's. Strangely, I have a feeling we'll be competitive in the tests. The batters cannot do worst than those who have opted out and the bowling is at full strength apart from Jason Holder.

SillyCowCorner1

I think we are going to get annihilated in the ODI's. Strangely, I have a feeling we'll be competitive in the tests. The batters cannot do worst than those who have opted out and the bowling is at full strength apart from Jason Holder.
I am optimistic that it's gonna be a tad bit comeptitive. No big margins of victory for Bangaldesh.

Beamer

I'm hearing that Romario Shepherd tested positive for COVID-19 so will miss the tour.

He will be replaced by Keon Harding. This sucks as Romario had really earned his selection. It does make the pace bowling a bit more exciting though as Keon Harding is a talent, just not a refined one yet!

SillyCowCorner1

I'm hearing that Romario Shepherd tested positive for COVID-19 so will miss the tour.

He will be replaced by Keon Harding. This sucks as Romario had really earned his selection. It does make the pace bowling a bit more exciting though as Keon Harding is a talent, just not a refined one yet!
Harding was a part of that Bajan pace bowling quartet that saw them winning the FC title last year. He's a good addition/replacement for Shepherd.

I hope Shepherd is recovering.