• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Bangladesh 2021

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
So with Harding in I would be tempted to play him, we really need to test our white ball bowling options. My updated ODI side:

Ambris
Da Silva (wk)
Mayers (second change seamer)
Mohammed (c)
McCarthy (part time spinner)
Powell (part time seamer)
Reifer (first change)
Hossain (spinning all-rounder)
Joseph (opening bowler 1)
Walsh Jr (primary spinner)
Holder/Harding (opening bowler 2)

Not bad bowling options I think. Batting is all kinds of awful though.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quite possibly. Trying to think of a time when we've had any more, but struggling.
As Emrit and Jason Mohammed played together at any time?

In 1972, Raphick Jumadeeen and Inshan Ali played together in a test match...

In 1973, Jumadeen, Ali, and Khanai(lol)

1979, Jumadeen and Faoud Bacchus played tog

Aritro

International Regular
As Emrit and Jason Mohammed played together at any time?

In 1972, Raphick Jumadeeen and Inshan Ali played together in a test match...

In 1973, Jumadeen, Ali, and Khanai(lol)

1979, Jumadeen and Faoud Bacchus played tog
Interesting, had no the Windies had had that many Muslim players in the past. The way East Indians in the Caribbean spell Sanskritic/Arabic names in the Roman alphabet is interesting to me as well. Very different to Roman-script spelling conventions in the subcontinent.

Beamer

Interesting, had no the Windies had had that many Muslim players in the past. The way East Indians in the Caribbean spell Sanskritic/Arabic names in the Roman alphabet is interesting to me as well. Very different to Roman-script spelling conventions in the subcontinent.
I recommend this podcast for more on that subject.

Beamer

So with Harding in I would be tempted to play him, we really need to test our white ball bowling options. My updated ODI side:

Ambris
Da Silva (wk)
Mayers (second change seamer)
Mohammed (c)
McCarthy (part time spinner)
Powell (part time seamer)
Reifer (first change)
Hossain (spinning all-rounder)
Joseph (opening bowler 1)
Walsh Jr (primary spinner)
Holder/Harding (opening bowler 2)

Not bad bowling options I think. Batting is all kinds of awful though.
The more I think about this team the more I am dreading the ODI's. It's strange because I am quietly optimistic about the tests but these ODI's will be a bloodbath. Must be the worst international ODI team compiled for a long time.

Beamer

Hayden Walsh Jr is out of the series, having tested positive for COVID. The team gets weaker and weaker.

Wonder if they will bring in Rakheem for an ODI?

SillyCowCorner1

Bangladesh names ah 18 man squad now:

Bangladesh ODI squad: Tamim Iqbal (capt), Shakib Al Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mohammad Mithun, Liton Das, Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Soumya Sarkar, Taskin Ahmed, Rubel Hossain, Taijul Islam, Mustafizur Rahman, Mehidy Hasan, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mahedi Hasan, Hasan Mahmud, Shoriful Islam

Honestly don’t know they are persisting with this Mithun dude...nothing special about him

Daemon

Shakib back after serving his ban. I think all he missed was a Zimbabwe tour and a Test in Pakistan.

Beamer

So we just had our 'warm up' match which was literally 50 overs of our batsmen batting and bowlers bowling. Really hard to see how that is adequate preparation to take on Bangladesh in their own conditions but oh well.

Da Silva and Ambris top scored opening with camoes from Powell and Bonner and Hamilton. I've still no idea what the lineup will be but at least the openers look clear and Keon Harding may well have bowled himself out of contention today with figures of 7 overs 0/59.

Also Rakheem the dream bowled some overs so they must be considering him for ODI duty also.

Beamer

258/9 in 47 Overs

Da Silva 58 retired out
Ambris 39
Bonner 21
Mayers 9
Mcarthy 19
Powell 49 (apologies, he got more than Ambris)
Mohammed 4
Reifer 1
Hamilton 20
Joseph 18 not out

Joseph 1/20
Harding 0/59
Hosein 2/46
Holder 0/23
Reifer 2/42
Mohammed 1/16
Cornwall 1/20
Mayers 0/28