• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well as we are currently playing an ODI series then actually we are the world No1 side.
No we dont have a problem with other nations being ranked above us but we do have a problem with supporters from a country, whose national team would struggle to beat our U19s or our womens team, hanging **** on our players out of nothing more than petty jealousy.
You do know that your top side has been beating our reserves right? :laugh: and for such a "crap team" lord knows how we managed to get a draw in one of the tests!!, i wonder what that says about your lot? no-ones "jealous" here, i just don't rate Bollinger and Watson as highly as you lot do, SUE ME!!.

I wasn't talking about the ODI's and you know it, In reality you were beaten by England and then England went and got a very good draw in South Africa so therefore most people would place them above your lot right now, and excuse me where have i "abused people"? 8-) i make some factual points about Bollinger and Watson and you and your aussie pals can't seem to accept it, if you lot didn't come steaming in all upset then this debate wouldn't be happening.
So we beat SA and they only drew with Eng so dosent that make us better than SA.

dikinee

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
You do know that your top side has been beating our reserves right? :laugh: and for such a "crap team" lord knows how we managed to get a draw in one of the tests!!, i wonder what that says about your lot? no-ones "jealous" here, i just don't rate Bollinger and Watson as highly as you lot do, SUE ME!!.
in actual fact the only member of our bowling attack who is not in the side due to injury to our first string bowlers is Johnson the rest are all second stringers. So the Windies is not the only team with players out through injury, it is just that we have the depth to be able to field a third string team that would be able to compete against most oppositions.

Flem274*

123/5
Pretty damn annoying injury has robbed us of

Gayle
Barath
Sarwan
Chanders
Bravo
Pollard
Ramdin
Taylor
Miller
Roach
Edwards

vs

Watson
Marsh
Ponting
Clarke
White
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Lee/Harris
Bollinger
Siddle

On top of that we have to put up with some posters in this thread..

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah had a bad season but apparently he's back and as good as ever. After so many years of brilliant one-day bowling he surely deserves one final chance!

WindieWeathers

International Regular
in actual fact the only member of our bowling attack who is not in the side due to injury to our first string bowlers is Johnson the rest are all second stringers. So the Windies is not the only team with players out through injury, it is just that we have the depth to be able to field a third string team that would be able to compete against most oppositions.
In the first test wasn't you only missing Brett Lee from your bowling line-up? and Siddle played all of the tests if i remember correctly, if we had anymore injuries we'd be playing the u19's :laugh: .. so i don't think you can compare our injuries to yours tbh.

P.S. thank god certain posters on this thread aren't mods, as having a different opinion would be a banning offence apparently.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
FYI, Windie wants Chanderpaul to be dropped from the West Indian team.
You forgot to add DUE TO HIS POOR FORM FOR OVER A YEAR!!, but needless to say i'm not surprised you left that part out 8-) .

P.S. and i'd like to dedicate my latest "rolly eye" to Top Cat!! :laugh:

Last edited:
Didn't South Africa beat you too? 8-)
Well if you count both series then Ai\ustralia beat England too.

Last test series

Aus beat SA
Eng beat Aus
Eng drew SA

If you go back further
SA beat Aus
Aus beat Eng
SA beat Eng

Aus 2 wins 2 losses
Eng 1 win 1 draw 2 losses
SA 2 wins 1 draw 1 loss..

Can you explain again how Australia is not up wirth these teams.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I wasn't talking about the ODI's and you know it, In reality you were beaten by England and then England went and got a very good draw in South Africa so therefore most people would place them above your lot right now, and excuse me where have i "abused people"? 8-) i make some factual points about Bollinger and Watson and you and your aussie pals can't seem to accept it, if you lot didn't come steaming in all upset then this debate wouldn't be happening.
:laugh:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well if you count both series then Ai\ustralia beat England too.

Last test series

Aus beat SA
Eng beat Aus
Eng drew SA

If you go back further
SA beat Aus
Aus beat Eng
Eng v SA ?.

Can you explain again how Australia is not up wirth these teams.
The bottom line is India and South Africa are clearly the top two, then due to RECENT FORM i'd put England ahead of Australia, that's just MY OPINION, and i'm sure there's plenty of people who would agree with that after what happened in the Ashes.

The bottom line is India and South Africa are clearly the top two, then due to RECENT FORM i'd put England ahead of Australia, that's just MY OPINION, and i'm sure there's plenty of people who would agree with that after what happened in the Ashes.
Recent form, England have won two of their last six series, Australia have won our of their last six series.

Can you explain again how this recent form thing works?.