• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
As long as anyone's keeping the runs very tight, then of course they can be effective as far as the team is concerned - 'doing their bit', so to speak - because it can build up pressure. Of course, if the guy at the other end is Glenn McGrath, that pressure build-up is doubly so.
Absolutely spot on analysis, LE.

Bracken, aside from taking wickets, performed the role that he was selected to play.

After a quick start, Aus suffocated the Windies yesterday and Bracken played a big role in that. He showed far more maturity than in his previous test appearances and did enough with the ball to suggest that he'll pose a threat in more favourable conditions - some people are ignoring the fact that it was an extremely good wicket for batting on yesterday afternoon.

Combined with his batting and fielding, it was an excellent performance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is why I love Richie still being on the commentary team. Yes he makes a few stupid comments now and then which is a bit of a concern, but when he can talk about the history of the Frank Worrell Trophy and West Indies cricket. Its just great to listen to.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
This is why I love Richie still being on the commentary team. Yes he makes a few stupid comments now and then which is a bit of a concern, but when he can talk about the history of the Frank Worrell Trophy and West Indies cricket. Its just great to listen to.
And I am getting highlights of the Ganguly century when I could be listening to some memorable stuff.

Bah.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ricky, mate, the idea of sub fielders is you pick good ones.

Brendan Nash, spillage. And tame spillage, too...

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
You really have to wonder where Australia will go once Warne / McGrath give up the ghost. I really pray its before we come over, but i have a feeling they'll both use that as a swansong :(

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Judging by the straight drive and pull shot by Haydos as well as Hussey's clips off the pads and the lack of movement, I fear greatly for the safety of the West Indian bowlers right now...........

Top_Cat

Incidentally, the Cricket Show masterclass shows that Healy still has great "healin' hands".

Tubby, errr less so. :D

Top_Cat

:shocking: @ dropped catch off Hussey.

Have to say, that was Ramdin's fault. It was always a 'keepers catch and that's why Collymore put it down. He was definitely expecting Ramdin to call for it as most 'keepers do.

Mike Hussey

U19 12th Man
He is looking good, much more better than he was in the first innings, great chacne for Hussey here, lets hope he takes it.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
Ponting’s 149 is now his highest at Brisbane, bettering his only other hundred at this venue – 123 off 195 balls against England in 2002-03.
I was there for both of them :D