• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Went to the PM's XI match today, was quite a good match before the rain came. Sarwan was sublime (after getting hit on the head) and Bravo were great to watch, as was Lara though his innings was cut short due to rain - still, nice to be there for probably his last innings in Australia. The PM's XI innings was a bit strange, they scored at six+ per over but didn't really appear to be going quickly at all until Langer came in at the end - probably something to do with the enormous amount of extras from the WI bowlers.

As I was walking to the ground I noticed one of the WI players coming out of what was presumably the team hotel - turned out to be Mr. Lara himself. Didn't really get to talk to him though as he was on his mobile the whole time (only 2-3 minutes from the hotel to the ground), but still nice to walk to the ground alongside my favourite player. :) Didn't get his autograph as I lacked pen/paper/anything and he was carrying his phone in one hand and cricket gear in the other, but it didn't matter as my brother got his autograph for me last night, funny story:

My brother and one of my cousins were in Mooseheads Thursday night (pub/nightclub), and apparently most of the WI players including Lara were there.

My brother (to Lara): "do you think you could sign this?"
Lara: "uh, not right now."
My cousin (drunkenly): "What do you mean not right now? I'll arm-wrestle you for it."

Apparently the other WI players wouldn't let him back out of the challenge. I've got his autograph now, so you can work out who won. :D Lara's right arm is his weaker one I imagine, so he might've been at a disadvantage. :p Pity we probably won't see Lara play in Australia again though. :(

howardj

International Coach
Adamc said:
Went to the PM's XI match today, was quite a good match before the rain came. :(
Did John Howard have a bowl?

Behind Dan Cullen, he could well be our second best off-spinner.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
howardj said:
Did John Howard have a bowl?

Behind Dan Cullen, he could well be our second best off-spinner.
He didn't unfortunately, would've loved to see him get smashed around by Lara though. :p Chris Simpson bowled some fairly unthreatening offies, pity the rain came as Lara looked to be sizing him up. Michael Shaw bowls offies as well but didn't come on because of the rain.

tooextracool

International Coach
seriously, if after 45 tests and 98 ODIs of utter hopeless batting the WI selectors still havent realised that ww hinds is not even worthy of the term rubbish, then really they should all be replaced.