• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Trans-Tasman Twenty20 Tri-Series

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Good match of cricket.

Maxwell obviously the star but reckon Australia won it with the second half of their bowling performance.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jews the selectors look stupid for leaving Maxwell out for so much of the odi series. The bloke is the best LO bat in the country.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A couple years ago I remember Riggins knocking Ludeman for being the SACA keeper and while i was being all Siddle with Ludes I really didnt think he was serious when he was saying Carey was very good.

Carey is awesome, I like him so much more than every other Aussie keeper weve had since Gilly, you just know that Paine would have hit that first ball of the over for his first 4 of the innings to deny Maxwell the ton. Also the fact that he was keen to be micd up so early into his career just shows he has sonething about him. Paine had an excellent Ashes, but Carey is the guy.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A couple years ago I remember Riggins knocking Ludeman for being the SACA keeper and while i was being all Siddle with Ludes I really didnt think he was serious when he was saying Carey was very good.

Carey is awesome, I like him so much more than every other Aussie keeper weve had since Gilly, you just know that Paine would have hit that first ball of the over for his first 4 of the innings to deny Maxwell the ton. Also the fact that he was keen to be micd up so early into his career just shows he has sonething about him. Paine had an excellent Ashes, but Carey is the guy.
He's done nothing but impress every time I've watched him. Should at least be our 20 and 50 over keeper. But he looks good enough with the bat and gloves to leapfrog Paine for tests soon too.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Jews the selectors look stupid for leaving Maxwell out for so much of the odi series. The bloke is the best LO bat in the country.
I don't understand why he's not in the Test side either.

Bloke is insanely talented.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He definitely deserved to play the Tests.

In the ODIs it was justifiable to drop him, but it's obvious that long term he'll be a much, much better bet than someone like Head or White.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He definitely deserved to play the Tests.

In the ODIs it was justifiable to drop him, but it's obvious that long term he'll be a much, much better bet than someone like Head or White.
Yeah, his ODI record is nowhere near as good as it should be but it's clear from the numpties who were selected in his place that the talent pool is pretty shallow at the moment.

Funnily enough, he would absolutely thrive in the English ODI setup.

Blain

U19 Captain
Tom Bruce and Blundell dropped for the NZ squad against England. Chapman and Seifert in. These 2 were pretty much the top bats in the T20 comp, which finished 2 weeks ago, most of us thought (knew) the selectors missed a trick when they were introduced against Windies and Pakistan.

Egg on the face of the selectors, not that they'd ever admit that.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Tom Bruce and Blundell dropped for the NZ squad against England. Chapman and Seifert in. These 2 were pretty much the top bats in the T20 comp, which finished 2 weeks ago, most of us thought (knew) the selectors missed a trick when they were introduced against Windies and Pakistan.

Definitely on Blundell, Bruce I don't think anyone was too worried about him (even though we all think he's limited as hell).

Stoked that Chapman is getting a go. He'll handle it too, I reckon.

Meanwhile, we've used 4 WKs in 12 months. And we've moved Seifert/Phillips from natural opening bats to (and I'm presuming Seifert is going to bat there) middle order players, forced to do different jobs than they're used to.

Moss

International Vice-Captain

Well.. finally. Now that we've finally got our man, I suppose we should be wary of Chapman not being the magic bullet that transforms the side (the problems don't end there). But well done to the guy for keeping up the run of form so he couldn't be overlooked.

As for this wicketkeeping revolving door the selectors are really paying the price for their refusal to dispense with Ronchi (Latham being flaky in limited overs didn't help either). I sure hope Seifert clicks if only to have that position resolved once and for all.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Pardon me, we've used 5 keepers - Ronchi, Latham, Phillips, Blundell, Seifert. Good effort in 12 months. Hang in there Dane Cleaver, and how have you not played for NZ Derek de Boorder.

And yep, you're spot on. A lot of us were saying in the last 12-18 months of Ronchi being wheeled towards the retirement door that it'd cost us in the seasons following, and I guess it is...although you could argue also that they've not identified and persisted with someone since either. Will Seifert click? Howsie, Flem reckon he's pretty adaptable so hopefully there's a future in him moving to the middle order. We are inching closer to our best side I guess...only thing is that the ND captaincy sharers aren't in that best side by some of our reckonings, but they're undroppable.

Also yeah I really hope people don't expect Chapman to come in and average 50 at 150SR. It won't have happened seeing he's come in mid-series, but he's the sort of guy that with his ability I'd love them to say you're here until the 2020 T20 Worlds, do your thing. With a view that if he succeeds in T20s he's auditioning for a 50-over spot (which really he should be in line for anyway with his Ford Trophy record).