• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

howardj

International Coach
Hate how the commentators try to pick Hughes's technique to bits, and give him grief. I mean, the guy averages 50+ in Test cricket. It took an absolutely red-hot Flintoff to expose him, and that was only for one or two Tests.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When he had just returned from stress fractures of the back, had played **** all cricket and was part of the same attack as Plunkett/Mahmood.
As if Anderson's previous record in Aus counts for jot, its about as relevant as the fact I took a dump this morning.
I don't really like Anderson and even i'll defend him on that one.You are bang on.A vastly improved bowler since 06/07.

flibbertyjibber

Hate how the commentators try to pick Hughes's technique to bits, and give him grief. I mean, the guy averages 50+ in Test cricket. It took an absolutely red-hot Flintoff to expose him, and that was only for one or two Tests.
It was Harmison actually in the game before the test series who showed him up.Flintoff just carried on where Harmlessone left off.

Burgey

When he had just returned from stress fractures of the back, had played **** all cricket and was part of the same attack as Plunkett/Mahmood.
As if Anderson's previous record in Aus counts for jot, its about as relevant as the fact I took a dump this morning.
Means nothing eh? That's a novel approach.. Lol, course he's improved but his record counts for something. Always does.

Well bowled Tremlett there, that was a beauty.

Jacknife

International Captain
Great bit of bowling from Tremlett, looked plumb Lbw hitting middle and leg, and he gets Smith with a beauty, reversed in and Smith left it,the more he's bowled the better he's looked Tremlett

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Means nothing eh? That's a novel approach.. Lol, course he's improved but his record counts for something. Always does.

Well obviously when you click on his cricinfo page it will say his average is x and that x will include those Ashes Tests. It has no bearing on how I think he will go this time round though. It was 4 years ago, he was injured and we were being picked left, right and center. He might as well have bowled left handed, there's nothing to be taken from his record last time round.
That's without even addressing the fact that you're batting isn't what it once was, is it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't beat a bloke being bowled shouldering arms. Some serious reverse from the big fella. Giving himself every chance of a call up at some point.

Jacknife

International Captain

The bloke was out for nearly the whole season with a stress fracture and should never have been taken down under.

Burgey

Well obviously when you click on his cricinfo page it will say his average is x and that x will include those Ashes Tests. It has no bearing on how I think he will go this time round though. It was 4 years ago, he was injured and we were being picked left, right and center. He might as well have bowled left handed, there's nothing to be taken from his record last time round.
That's without even addressing the fact that you're batting isn't what it once was, is it.
My mistake. Put him down for 40 wickets... The bloke can't bowl in the sun mate.

Jacknife

International Captain
I could see England playing Tremlett in the 1st test, he offers that little bit more than Finn at the moment, especially since he's getting some reverse out there and his line and length has been immaculate.