• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Spark

Global Moderator
No way Warner is getting dropped

They could have won from the point where England needed 80 to win with 4 in hand but honestly the game was lost in the afternoon session on day 2. That was the day to bat
Yep. Normal, disciplined cricket and Aus take a say 60 run lead and then go in at stumps say 2/150 and it's basically downhill skiing from there. 250 just wasn't enough if it wasn't hooping around corners.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You really think Australia will ask Green to open when they have two openers on the bench ? , Marcus Harris and Matt Renshaw
I’m not saying they will do it, I’m saying it’s what I would do.

After an okish start, Warner has reverted to how he’s been for over a year so Green realistically won’t do worse and also bowls.

Harris is terrible - he actually could do worse than Warner. The man had a quantifiably negative impact on the 2019 series - dropped catches worth more than runs scored. Renshaw is better than Harris but after India I don’t trust him. I would play green at the top and Neser at eight for Boland. Nine day rest should freshen Starc and Cummins up enough, especially if they play the side I would choose, which would have six gebowling options plus some part time stuff from Head and Smith if needed.

If Green opens, Cummins would be batting ten and Murphy eleven. That’s a very deep line up.

Also, on a slightly different point, Starc is working into a very decent series for a bloke who’s been horrible in England before

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Green or marsh or possibly both ?
I think the 9 days will benefit Australia the most , Cummins has to really reflect on how he used Murphy.
Just 9 overs the entire match, if he doesn't trust Murphy just yet he's better off dropping Murphy and playing both allrounders Marsh and Green, Head can bowl 9 overs in a match easily , Carey could move down to No.8

8.Carey 9.Neser 10.Starc 11.Cummins would be a pretty strong tail ..

Last edited:

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
I think the 9 days will benefit Australia the most , Cummins has to really reflect on how he used Murphy...Just 9 overs the entire match ..If he doesn't trust him just yet he's better off dropping Murphy and playing both allrounders Marsh and Green, Head can bowl 9 overs in a match easily , Carey could move down to No.8

8.Carey 9.Neser 10.Starc 11.Cummins would be a pretty strong tail ..
Good points here. I agree

it’s going to be fascinating to see the line ups here on in