• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
Both sides have alot to consider ahead of the next Test.

For Australia - what do they do with Warner. Problem is who do they open with if they drop him.

Marsh has to play, so what does that mean for Green. Could either open for Warner - big call.

Labuschagne won't be dropped but he's not in good form. Even Smith has been below par.

Bowling wise - I think Boland is cooked- surely Neser will come in.

Murphy - didn't really figure in this game - should have been used more in the 2nd innings.

For England - who bats at 3. Neither Brook nor Mo looked settled there. Root must move up.

Bairstow - looks cooked. Keeping and batting have been poor. Baz has to swallow his pride and go back to Foakes.

Bowling - Will Stokes be able to bowl?
Wood and Woakes must play if fit, as should Broad. If Stokes can't bowl, then how do we fit another seamer and Mo in.

Unusually for this stage of a series, lots for both sides to think about.
Excellent assessment. Well played

chris.hinton

International Captain
my Teams would be (Green to open)

England: Crawley, Duckett, Brook, Root, Stokes, Foakes, Ali, Woakes, Wood, Broad, Anderson
Australia: Khawaja, Green, Labuschagne, Smith, Head, Marsh, Carey, Neser, Starc, Cummings, Murphy

subshakerz

International Coach

For Australia - what do they do with Warner. Problem is who do they open with if they drop him.

Marsh has to play, so what does that mean for Green. Could either open for Warner - big call.

Labuschagne won't be dropped but he's not in good form. Even Smith has been below par.

Murphy - didn't really figure in this game - should have been used more in the 2nd innings.

For England - who bats at 3. Neither Brook nor Mo looked settled there. Root must move up.

Bairstow - looks cooked. Keeping and batting have been poor. Baz has to swallow his pride and go back to Foakes.

Wood and Woakes must play if fit, as should Broad. If Stokes can't bowl, then how do we fit another seamer and Mo in.

Cummins made clear he is not dropping Warner. Green and Marshall can both play if you drop Boland. Keep Murphy.

England actually have settled on a good pace combo. I feel bad for Anderson though. Bairstow is staying. Ali is staying since his wickets of Smith and Labu got England back in the game.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year

Smith's form in the WTC/India series/Ashes so far has been a bit concerning, honestly. Not done terribly, and has made two match winning hundreds, but he had a torrid time in india and is averaging 31 this ashes so far. Deserves just as much criticism for recent form as marnus does.

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
my Teams would be (Green to open)

England: Crawley, Duckett, Brook, Root, Stokes, Foakes, Ali, Woakes, Wood, Broad, Anderson
Australia: Khawaja, Green, Labuschagne, Smith, Head, Marsh, Carey, Neser, Starc, Cummings, Murphy
Sanga is thinking Moeen will bat three again

I like your England line up though

your Aussie line up is seam heavy and I’m not convinced by greens batting this summer so far

dropping Warner could be his finish if so ?

Preed

U19 12th Man
Great win but don’t let that mean no changes for next test.Bairstow out Ali out Robinson probably out,Bring in Foakes dawson and tongue.It won’t happen though because Stokes won’t ever admit he was wrong

Shri

Mr. Glass

england probably will bring anderson in for robinson. can't see any other change

aus have seriously under bowled murphy and if this is how he will be used, might as well bring green in for him and rely on smith/labu part time spin

Warner
Khawaja
Labu
Smith
Head
Green
Marsh
Carey
Nesser/Haze
Cummins
Starc/Haze

loterry1994

International Debutant
Both teams really need to work on how they bowl to the tail and last proper batsmen. Too many times have conceded unnecessary runs this series.