• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

MRNC5.0

Cricket Spectator
I think the crowd will be very ugly.

Probably won't behave too nicely either.
Oh well, further reflects poorly on them and in extention the England team with their continuous run of commentary. Aus just need to continue on keeping their heads down and focus on playing to their strengths and the Ashes is probably won. England can yelp and screech sanctimoniously on the 'spirit of the game' and how they're saving cricket but it won't help them unless they address their fundamental skill errors and poor selection.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do hope we find a better way of playing the short ball stuff from England if they decide to go that route again.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Murphy comes in obviously, if the pitch is a bit spicy give Boland or Neser a bowl over Haze. Starc is always a risk but being 2-0 up and Englands tail he's worth sticking with. Hopefully the crowd isnt too ugly. Khawaja is literally the nicest bloke in the game and he's getting abused by England players and fans alike. Not a good look.
He's also Pakistani by birth.

Yorkshire County Cricket Club not the most inclusive bunch to be fronting up to next.

Starfighter

If we're gonna play Neser anywhere it should be Leeds.
Aside from that, I think Boland and Neser are similarly vulnerable to bazball, and I don't think Boland bowled all that well against India. Was really spraying it down leg, and he carried that into Edgbaston.

social

The Ashes is interesting because I am Australian but non stop bouncers on flat decks is just awful to watch

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Neser, Starc, Cummins, Murphy is a strong tail.
I know his FC stats aren't great yet, but I think Murphy has a bigger range of shots than Lyon.
Murphy's typically looked really bad with the bat whenever I've seen him but he does make some runs in Premier Cricket, wasn't a bunny. Might just take a good knock to get used to the step up in quality.

Spark

Global Moderator
He looked dismal for the first few games in India with the stick but to be fair looked a lot better on the road at the end, and he certainly wouldn't have faced anything like that before. Facing Test right arm medium fast would still be a step up but it wouldn't be as totally alien as Ashwin and Jadeja on square turners was.

Starfighter

The Ashes is interesting because I am Australian but non stop bouncers on flat decks is just awful to watch
My main concern is that we actually got out to those bouncers in the second innings. I'm guessing Wood will come in for Robinson so that risk will increase.

social

Murphy's typically looked really bad with the bat whenever I've seen him but he does make some runs in Premier Cricket, wasn't a bunny. Might just take a good knock to get used to the step up in quality.
Didn’t he get a few in the last test in India?

Actually looked okay from what I remember

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Best Ashes in years, loving the ebbs and flows, the squabbles and the spice. Also loving the Cummins and the Bazball, haterz can suck it etc.

England obviously need to win this test to retain interest, time for a green-pitch lottery?

social

Best Ashes in years, loving the ebbs and flows, the squabbles and the spice. Also loving the Cummins and the Bazball, haterz can suck it etc.

England obviously need to win this test to retain interest, time for a green-pitch lottery?
Don’t know why it hasn’t been the plan all along as it would suit the English bowlers plus their batsmen aren’t going to score 400+ too often

More chance of winning low scoring games IMO