• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Howe_zat

Audio File
Finally. Should have them for under 250 now.

What's Hilfenhaus' FC batting record like? I know Hilf once got a 50 vs Pakistan, but Stuart Broad got 160 against them , and Marcus North got a 6-fer, they sort of do that.

91Jmay

International Coach
Disagree. Umpire's call means it's marginal and not a howler, and we're trying to discourage reviews for those.
I know what you mean, but to me there is something uncomfortable seeing the ball hitting leg stump (almost all of it in this case, it wasn't a clipping job) and it still being not out.

Spark

Global Moderator
I know what you mean, but to me there is something uncomfortable seeing the ball hitting leg stump (almost all of it in this case, it wasn't a clipping job) and it still being not out.
The height was marginal. You can't call that a howler at all and it's not a bad decision to give that not out hence those shouldn't be reviewed.

Stapel

International Regular
cricinfo said:

Finn to Johnson, OUT, gone! Finn gets the breakthrough with another shortish one tempting Johnson to pull, but his shot flies straight to Anderson at square leg, where he takes a simple catch.
Since when are pull shots straight to a (shortish) square leg 'simple catches'? Sure enough, a good fielder should take 'm most of the times, but it's never really simple....

Spark

Global Moderator
Since when are pull shots straight to a (shortish) square leg 'simple catches'? Sure enough, a good fielder should take 'm most of the times, but it's never really simple....
Nah that was pretty simple. He literally did not need to move a muscle.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Just checked the stats. Jimmeh has 11 wickets at 28.90, and in 2nd? Steven Finn with 11 wickets at 31. Very surprised that he's managed to pick up 11, don't think he's bowled particularly well, has certainly been the weakest link in the 4 man attack anyway. Guess he just has that handy knack of picking up wickets.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Exactly. To lose a challenge for that one with Siddle when it showed that the ball was likely to be hitting must be a bitter pill to swallow. I think more than none of us thought that was out (if he didn't hit it) at first view - I personally thought it was missing leg, but Burgey thought it was out. Well worth a challenge, and harsh to lose the challenge.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was near the umpire and it was hit to him at throat height. The don't come much simpler than that.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think Greig's generally a very good commentator. He doesn't mind the Aussies losing though. He really loves Sri Lanka.

Jacknife

International Captain
If England can get past the first 20-30 overs without losing a wicket, they should be on for a big one, especially seeing how the tail end are batting.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I think Greig's generally a very good commentator. He doesn't mind the Aussies losing though. He really loves Sri Lanka.
Greig's problem is crowing too much when the Aussies are playing badly. When the Aussies are playing well, he's pretty good at analysing their strengths. Plus, this C9 group of commentators need someone like Greig with Healy, Taylor, Lawry et. al. around. Warne's been a refreshing change.