• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I feel as though I'm watching actual batsmen
Plural?

But this really is very fine batting from Clarke. It feels like something very significant indeed, attacking England's biggest threat in very helpful conditions like this is the stuff of legend. Kind of reminds me of S. Waugh at the same ground in 1997, albeit in very different conditions.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Plural?

But this really is very fine batting from Clarke. It feels like something very significant indeed, attacking England's biggest threat in very helpful conditions like this is the stuff of legend. Kind of reminds me of S. Waugh at the same ground in 1997, albeit in very different conditions.
I counted Rogers and Clarke, I've lowered my standards a little as well

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah. I think everyone is busy revising down their par scores on this deck as we speak. 350 will be very handy.
I think it's one of those situations where what sort score would indicate a good batting performance and what sort of score would put you in a good position will be very different numbers. Toss was really important IMO.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. I think everyone is busy revising down their par scores on this deck as we speak. 350 will be very handy.
Agreed. My previous comment about Aus needing to bat for four sessions is looking redundant. They still might do the way Clarke is going, in which case it's game over. But as you say, anything much above 300 is a very good platform.