• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Headingley* 25-29 August

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If India can't win in England now, with England playing a weakened team and India having the longest prep for it, I don't know when India can beat England.
Still think India are favourites to at least draw this series. Having said that, it’s interesting to see how the narrative from last week (i.e. India would be 2-0 up if it wasn’t for rain) can now be flipped (England should be 2-0 up if it wasn’t for an hour of madness at Lord’s). India definitely feeling the absence of a Bhuvneshwar-type bowler to test Root’s outside edge in overcast conditions.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair his last innings was excellent for India so he should be next in line.

What's Yadav done to justify selection over him?
Nothing. He might score some quick runs if he's lucky to get a flattish period of play. Vihari not capable of that. Vihari is a sure 10(50) at best.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There’s definitely some underrating of Vihari going on. He’s been dicked around in the lineup and in and out of the side playing against very strong bowling attacks all away from home.

He had a really really good away series against WI in swinging conditions against the duke. Was great in Sydney and would’ve scored more could they actually take a run. I think he deserves a chance.

We’d be fools to write anyone off completely, especially given Rohit’s change in technique and how that’s paying dividends for him. Players can improve, especially early on.

In the pre series interview before Australia Kohli said he’s most excited for Vihari. There has to be something about him for him to say that.

Daemon

It was his most recent innings. And a far more fluent one than most of his other recent knocks. You don't dump Test-class bats if they look like they're on the verge of rekindling some form.
Yeah agreed.

Don’t actually think he’s turned a corner or anything but at least he was trying to score some runs on day 3. Hopefully it sparks something.

Can’t drop him now. Rahane on the other hand..

grecian

Pujara and Rahane's boring partnership probably helped you win the last Test Match, but anyway, yes dropping Pujara after looking great here would be purest stupidity, so I suggest you do it.

Jadeja at 3 against Jimmeh with a swinging ball, go for it I say.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jaddu can bat above Pant mainly because he can stay in longer with a batsman that way and Pant can come and hit out without worrying about staying in, which he seems to struggle to do right now in these conditions. I still think it is more mental with Pant than directly technical. Anyways, I think the next two wickets might be flat. We dunno what the status of Jadeja's injury/scans are. Virat has been like a dog with a bone about his 4+1 "template"... Hopefully he sees reason if it is a typical Oval wicket and brings in SKY/Vihari/Prithvi for Rahane (would have said for Pujara but he got a 90 last inning, and cant drop after that for the next test) and Ashwin for Ishant. I would consider Shardul for Shami too coz its back to back tests and Shami needs his rest.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Burgey

Was there commentary of IPL games?

**** he's been around 10 years. If he was any good he'd have got a run by now. Spud

S P U D
P
U
D

Spud.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Suryakumar Yadav

He was batting in an IPL game when I made my CW Commentary dayboo. Bumrah was playing that game too and @Howe_zat absolutely bagged the **** out of him. Good times.
I don't remember anything about that game lol. Did you keep a recording?

Bumrah then would have been about a year and a half before I saw him in the Asia Cup and actually noticed he was good. I definetely don't remember bagging him.

harsh.ag

Morgieb and Burgey defending Pujara but if Marnus averaged 20 for the next 2 years including being involved in a first innings collapse on a flat track leading to an innings defeat, they would lynch him regardless of the second innings 90

Burgey

I think the salient point here is I wouldn't be advocating for Pat Cummins to replace Marnus at number three, but then again I have a functioning cerebral cortex.

harsh.ag

I think the salient point here is I wouldn't be advocating for Pat Cummins to replace Marnus at number three, but then again I have a functioning cerebral cortex.
Well yeah if India had a full squad then I wouldn't be either. Ideally it should be Gill or KL at 3, maybe Iyer.

Burgey

Haven't you got that bloke who looks like he's a 70 year old Sonny Liston but who's really like 23 or something? He played a test out here and looked awful, but is he on the tour at all? Time before last out here he trod on a boundary rope and pulled a heart muscle or something.