• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting stat Sky just showed - the centuries count is now 6-1 in Australia's favour. Amazing superiority for a team currently losing the series.

pasag

RTDAS
Really didn’t think we had that in us, so very impressed, especially with Clarke who was a rock in that innings. Helped that England couldn’t swing the ball at all and showed like the first innings at Cardiff how lost they are without it (just like us and pitches).

Scoreline now accurately reflects the series, one game where we got out of jail, one game that they got out of jail and one game where they thoroughly outplayed us.

If Fred’s out at Headingley, 1-1 come the Oval isn’t out of the question.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I didn't think it would be physically possible fo me to find Michael Clarke anymore annoying but then he goes and and scores the jammiest knock in the history of the sport. Still, well played.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I didn't think it would be physically possible fo me to find Michael Clarke anymore annoying but then he goes and and scores the jammiest knock in the history of the sport. Still, well played.
Dunno he probably had more let offs than your average innings of 100, but there aren't many that go chanceless. Reckon his let offs were made to look worse because they were so obvious.

pasag

RTDAS
Interesting stat Sky just showed - the centuries count is now 6-1 in Australia's favour. Amazing superiority for a team currently losing the series.
Even more amazing is the fact that we have five of the top six most runs scored and four out of top five wickets taken although it's explain mostly by Cardiff and the fact England have an extra bowler.

pasag

RTDAS
Truth be told Clarke's only chance when the game was still on the line was the Strauss drop, aside from that the final two came after the game was well saved.

Pigeon

Banned
Yet another chances ridden century for Clarke. This century has a lot of similarity with the ass saving 100 he made at Delhi last year.

pup11

International Coach
Truth be told Clarke's only chance when the game was still on the line was the Strauss drop, aside from that the final two came after the game was well saved.
This..

I mean most players have some slice of luck when they play a substantial knock, and its been a bit more in Clarke's case because, he generally tends to go on and score a century after being given a reprieve.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Fantastic stuff by Norfy and Clarke. Taking a bit of a liking to Clarke, it feels guilty and shameful.

Best not forget Watto and Hussey either, did the hard yards early on.

Now for a few days of sleep. Sweeeeet.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
All depends on whether Richard likes the batsman or not.

If he's indifferent then it depends on if he likes the bowler or not.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Same with some of their posters :ph34r:
:p Had mate round for the game, like I said earlier in the thread. Not that I think you're talking about me or anything...

What's the score? :ph34r:

Is it legitimate to call it a chance when it was a no-ball?
When they play for the opposition, yes. If they play for my own team, no.
Definitely not a chance IMO, said this the other week. Frustrating as hell, but if FCA was ever formally calculated, no-balls definitely shouldn't count as an out.

Anyways...well played North & Clarke. Clarke obviously got a bit of luck as he approached the ton, but he played really well. It was unthinkable at the start of the series that he would be the batsman I feared most, but as the series progresses, that's the way it's going. Reminds me of Hussey in the last Ashes, just never felt we were going to get him out.

I'd have taken 1-0 with two the play, but we were somewhat toothless today. Broad looked a lot better, but mainly when the game was done and dusted. With him being the only bowler to get any mileage as the day went on, wondering if that's it from him for the series.

Glad in a way we only get them 4 or 5 down, 8 or 9 would have been very frustrating, looking forwards to Friday anyway.

Oh, and catch of the series from Jimmeh, been pretty much the best batsman, bowler and fielder in this series, WAG :cool:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well done to the boys on gritting out the draw. All the batsmen on the fifth day impressed but was especially wrapped for Clarke - he's pretty much my favourite batsman and it's great to see him impose himself on this series. Some fool was calling him a home-bully the other day 8-)

really pleased with how Watson batted at the top in his match. Hope they stick with him - his bowling is not good enough to be more than a fifth bowler but he can bowl better than he did here - but that's irrelevant when he bats the way he did in this match.

Was very glad the Dr Jerkyl version of Anderson showed up today rather than Mr Hyde - don't think I can recall a bowler so utterly dependent on whether the ball is swinging or not.