• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Window

U19 Debutant
The Kohli/Rohit side is a wasted generation. 10 years and not a single ICC trophy with all that talent is a travesty.

You need these guys to retire and have a new roster of players who aren't chokers.
I think this is why the loss stings a bit as well. This was the last chance for this generation of great players. Wonder who will be the superstars and pillars of Indian cricket in the future.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There is honestly no way you can compare the pressure they feel vs what we feel ,esp in a home WC final.
I understand that. But even for things that they go crazy about, eg Ashes, they always seem to find a lift. Much more often than not. Obviously 1.4 billion people and wall to wall coverage and pressure is a different animal and I’m not comparing the two directly. But they always find a way to be in the mix no matter what the situation. It’s admirable.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I understand that. But even for things that they go crazy about, eg Ashes, they always seem to find a lift. Much more often than not. Obviously 1.4 billion people and wall to wall coverage and pressure is a different animal and I’m not comparing the two directly. But they always find a way to be in the mix no matter what the situation. It’s admirable.
I actually think its an advantage that cricket is not that wildly followed there. Coz then they are treating it like a game and they will still be the same people the next day. Its very hard to do that in an Indian team environment or even the Pak or BD ones. I actually thought the one thing Babar was doing well for Pak was he was keeping them pretty chill as a side by his nature. But eventually this pressure of cricket being everything in the Indian SC gets to our sides. All of them.

Just makes what MSD did even more remarkable IMO.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
The Kohli/Rohit side is a wasted generation. 10 years and not a single ICC trophy with all that talent is a travesty.

You need these guys to retire and have a new roster of players who aren't chokers.
... but but but they are both breaking personal records & milestones for themselves along the way... lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Did Head snatch player of the tournament there? Motm in both knockouts says he should be.
Nah..then Aravinda should have been in 1996.

They will give it to Virat to send the crowd home happy. Sorta like wen the heel wins and then they let the faces beat them up off air to send the live crowd home happy in the WWE.

HouHsiaoHsien

International 12th Man

I mean Kohli scored a hundred in the SF and a fifty in the final. Can’t call him a choker atleast

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
A smattering I've heard louder noise at a library.
Too bad, but 30K out of 130K would sound like that sometimes. The crowds in India generally wont applaud the boundaries and wickets from the opposition but when milestones happen there is usually applause even if its begrudging.