• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Spark

Global Moderator
But seriously stick the boot in somewhere else, if you want to make fun of arrogant Redditors go to Reddit. For the most part the Indian contingent here has been well aware that there are weaknesses in the team that hadn't yet been exploited until today

Owzat

U19 Captain

Don't feel educated enough to rank 87
don't worry, Gatting won that for the aussies with a silly shot he didn't need to play

this might rank as the best IF they complete the win, simply because it is in India, against arguably the best side around, against a team unbeaten up to the final, and up against Kohli, Shami, Sharma and Bumrah, AND lost first two games, were 47/3

Dissector

International Debutant
A well-deserved number 6 for Australia.

I genuinely thought India had it after the third wicket but it's remarkable how much conditions eased after that and of course Head played superbly as well.

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
Head still with a slim chance to break Gilly's record of highest score in a World Cup final- 149

Needs to rain them until the end with sixes though..

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
87 probably greater. 99 more of a thumping. 03 more elegant. 07 more inevitable. 15 sweeter (being at home). Each of the victories have been special. If we win this one, it will be great because it's the final frontier.
‘87 was in India as well

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
don't worry, Gatting won that for the aussies with a silly shot he didn't need to play

this might rank as the best IF they complete the win, simply because it is in India, against arguably the best side around, against a team unbeaten up to the final, and up against Kohli, Shami, Sharma and Bumrah, AND lost first two games, were 47/3
Oh as I discussed elsewhere this is greatest underdog story, little Australia taking down the BCCI

But I'm taking greatest to mean best team and best team performance through the WC, so 07 is easy

Greatest story would be 87, 99 and 23

subshakerz

International Coach
No one was sincerely calling this team an ATG team in odis you ****ing brainlet. In fact, pre tournament expectations weren't even that high. You should have stayed gone. Cricketweb is worse for your moronic presence.
My point from the beginning was that since Kohli has come, he has created such a high pressure dressing room environment that they inevitably bottle the big moments in ICC tournaments and high profile series.