• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Spark

Global Moderator
Does seem like reverse is a significant factor though, whereas that one "just" turned big. Does make it interesting if India can get it hooping.

And India score 240, lol. With a run out on the last ball!
It reversed a little for like five overs, we're not talking Simon Jones at TB here.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyway, warner and head will smash 90 in the powerplay, there'll be a mini collapse and Smith or marnus will guide them home. Siraj will probably drop a catch somewhere.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, we have given ourselves a chance.

TBF, Australia were very nervous in the semis and dare I say, had RSA got 240 and taken their catches, they would have lost to RSA.

240 is middling enough to cause 2 collapses that can win the game for the side defending the total. Let's see.

Still proud of this bunch of blokes. No Indian side dominated everyone else in a tournament like these guys have done.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The last time they had a total like this, they defended it.

unfortunately that was against England, so against normal teams, they’re definitely too short here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Well, we have given ourselves a chance.

TBF, Australia were very nervous in the semis and dare I say, had RSA got 240 and taken their catches, they would have lost to RSA.

240 is middling enough to cause 2 collapses that can win the game for the side defending the total. Let's see.

Still proud of this bunch of blokes. No Indian side dominated everyone else in a tournament like these guys have done.
They were nervous but idk, they just look absolutely "on" today. I think the sense that they are massive underdogs has helped them a bit. If they continue that same mentality with the bat they should knock this off okay.

cnerd123

likes this
How long till Aus chases this down?

OS - 29 overs
Burgey - 36 (aka the number of years since he was last able to get it up)
cnerd123 - 39 overs
Window - 42
Redbacks 43
morgieb - 47
Gnske - 48

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't really see how that could have gone any better for us.

We still have to bat, but we are exactly where we would have wanted to be. It could be a ****ing nightmare, but hopefully India **** themselves.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not sure what you were watching, it jagged a lot persistently. Directly led to all the wickets after Kohli's. They just went away from it later because the short ball worked better vs sky.
Tbf I missed pretty much everything between Jadeja's wicket and Rahul's so you may be right, but what I saw was challenging but far from unplayable. The tail actually dealt with it okay when they went full.