• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** - The Big One : Zimbabwe in South Africa

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Uh that straight-drive is was so good - right off the sweetest spot of the bat. Give me some AB

Heboric

International Debutant
Because AB is the golden boy...

Personally thinks this sets a bad precedent, giving the captaincy to someone who picks and chooses when he plays.
Nah, AB doesnt owe us anything, especially thanks to the toxicity of large portions of so called cricket 'supporters' . Buggered his back for the team

GRAB

First Class Debutant
And Markram (Well done that man!) the >junior< player is the one not giving the soft dismissal.

Bijed

International Regular
To somewhat echo the people asking on Cricinfo, what happens if Bavuma goes well here? Does Faf just sit out now until someone fails or gets injured?

GRAB

First Class Debutant
They dropped Bavuma after his 100 vs Ireland so it's not like he's undroppable...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To somewhat echo the people asking on Cricinfo, what happens if Bavuma goes well here? Does Faf just sit out now until someone fails or gets injured?
Faf strolls back in surely. He's the Captain ffs.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I love the guy but I genuinely think Amla's done in tests. Of course he's going to play against India butI can't see him doing much against their quality seam attack

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love the guy but I genuinely think Amla's done in tests. Of course he's going to play against India butI can't see him doing much against their quality seam attack
Way too early to be saying this. For all the talk of him being disappointing in the Eng tour he was still probably their best batsman and was the key contributor in both innings of their only win.

SeamUp

International Coach
Don't like it when Vern tries to swing the ball too much like he did in the first spell.

Near unplayable in these conditions when he seams it both ways.

Ervine tried. Got to feel for the Zimbo's. They felt they were right in it for a moment.

Last edited:

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Will this be a turning point and see day/night tests put on the back-burner? I like to see batsmen suffer, but the ICC doesn't...