• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Federer, Murray and Wawrinka likely done and Nadal probably no longer realistically a force off clay, it's pretty disturbing how many of the elite men's players seem to be awful human beings now. Definitely going to be to the WTA's advantage, especially given the best female player might be the most down to earth superstar of all-time.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
With Federer, Murray and Wawrinka likely done and Nadal probably no longer realistically a force off clay, it's pretty disturbing how many of the elite men's players seem to be awful human beings now. Definitely going to be to the WTA's advantage, especially given the best female player might be the most down to earth superstar of all-time.
yeah djokovic is an all-round prick, zverev seemingly is a rapist and a domestic abuser and medvedev is a racist ****er...don't think tsitsipas has any known issues though...

morgieb

yeah djokovic is an all-round prick, zverev seemingly is a rapist and a domestic abuser and medvedev is a racist ****er...don't think tsitsipas has any known issues though...
I thought Tsitsipas was an OK human, but even he's come out as an anti-vaxxer.

Niall

International Coach
His gamesmanship v Murray while fine on paper was pretty poor. His social media also not ideal, one of those people who think he is much more interesting than he really is.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Murray reached pretty good levels for a 34 year old with a metal hip and four years of injuries. I thought he might be competitive for a set and a half then fall away. I'm not sure what it says it about the 3rd seed. Another embarrassing performance from Nick Kyrgios.

morgieb

Murray reached pretty good levels for a 34 year old with a metal hip and four years of injuries. I thought he might be competitive for a set and a half then fall away. I'm not sure what it says it about the 3rd seed. Another embarrassing performance from Nick Kyrgios.
Indeed Murray might've well won but for toilet break gate. It doesn't say great things about modern male players (like the <25 age bracket), for sure.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not too eventful in terms of results (Stephens beating Gauff in straight sets perhaps noteworthy), but they now know that the roof on the Louis Armstrong Court can't keep out the back end of a tornado.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Tsitsipas was an OK human, but even he's come out as an anti-vaxxer.
They are all pricks, aren’t they? Ah well losing interest in the men’s game…there aren’t any transcendent talents coming through after Federer and “The Mechanic” grinding out opposition in boring slugfests just doesn’t get me excited…given that ****er is going to dominate at least for another 3-4 years means there isn’t any light at the end of the tunnel either…

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Tipsy beaten in the 3rd Round and won’t be missed. Dan Evans into Round 4. There was a time when a Brit reaching such dizzy heights was a real headline.

Niall

International Coach
Given what he's doing at his age, I'm prepared to say he's the real deal. Think he might be the next great.
Looked great on the clay a few months ago, obviously will be inconsistent but that forehand! Clearly got some talent.

A rank performance from Barty, when she was on it was obvious that Rogers could not hang with her, but just dropped her level at crucial times, how she did not close that match I will never know. Dire.

Ladies side very open, maybe Saba finally wins something?

Niall

International Coach
So Zverev v Novak semi it is unless Berrettini, Opelka or Harris have outstanding nights.

Not something I really want to see.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dominant from Radanacu, and with Barty out the draw opens up for her, it is the WTA so a Fernandez-Emma final is on, both 18 year olds born in Canada to a Chinese parent.

Yet Still a lot of big names left, generally the draw hasn't fallen apart like it normally does.