• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has ever one family won a Davis Cup tie, possibly the Mcenroe's?

Almost certainly happened on a number of occasion in Fed cup, with the Williams, Maleevas and Radwanska@s

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given Tomic probably won't play and Kokk and Kyrgios are in doubt it seems like a pretty easy tie (for Scottland Great Britain).
Well that was what I was basing it on. Not going to be the strongest available side for Australia but given current problems probably the right thing to do.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Well that was what I was basing it on. Not going to be the strongest available side for Australia but given current problems probably the right thing to do.
TA have the responsibility to be the bigger man here and not descend into pettiness and get the best out of Kyrgios and Tomic but have abundantly failed. TA works with difficult players horribly (See Philippoussis & Dokic too).

Tbh I wanted Aus to lose the Tie against Kazakhstan and will support GB unless TA changes its tune.

Niall

International Coach
Should be able to beat Australia at home as long as Murray is fit.
The problem is you can't rely on Ward to win a match and I like him!

Kyrigos, Kokk, Groth are all favourites to beat him especially in five, so Andy can't afford one sloppy match. The Aussies normally have a decent double team as well.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The problem is you can't rely on Ward to win a match and I like him!

Kyrigos, Kokk, Groth are all favourites to beat him especially in five, so Andy can't afford one sloppy match. The Aussies normally have a decent double team as well.
At the moment the Aussies don't have a great doubles team. If they play Hewitt and Groth again I'd be confident as long as Andy Murray plays.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Did Kyrgios actually do anything wrong on the weekend besides lose?
There was a comment about him "not wanting to be here" in his singles match. He also could have come off as uninterested when the rest of the team was playing. Nothing worth writing home about tbh.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
stan hasnt been the same since he got told his girl got banged by someone else on the circuit