• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Actually caught the last 2 sets of the Dellacqua match. She did well to come back.
Absolutely, the other lass was looking angry at the umpire and linespeople for no good reason. Hawkeye in tennis is still chancy but a lot more accurate than cricket ffs. It was a well balanced match mostly

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Stop trying to hit the cover off the ball every shot Federer you idiot. When you're not playing well actually stay in the rally and grind ffs.

Soft as butter. Hopefully he gets some touch in the second set.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Huge win from Hewitt. Faced so many break points in his first two service games but refused to wilt.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Only the start of the year, bit hot and tired. I get the feeling he only cares about getting ready for Slams these days
I don't think that is the case though...he wants to win every time he steps on court and in his prime his B game was enough to beat Hewitt comfortably...not any more...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Surely no one is denying Federer is in decline? Its natural. He is 32.

The question is how far has he declined. Considering he lost to Tommy Robredo in straight sets at the US Open, I'd say he's declined a fair bit.

Showed promising signs at the ATP World Tour Finals though. He's still top 5-6 in the world.

Last edited:

Swingpanzee

International Regular

The question is how far has he declined. Considering he lost to Tommy Robredo in straight sets at the US Open, I'd say he's declined a fair bit.

Showed promising signs at the ATP World Tour Masters though. He's still top 5-6 in the world.
This.

His games in the World Tour Finals against del Potro and Djokovic (well the first set at least) really impressed me. Like often he failed to sustain his periods of excellence so that is naturally a worry against the top guns.

I didn't watch the match against Hewitt, but how did Fed lose? Was it the dreaded incapability to capitalize on break points or did Hewitt actually play well?

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Absolutely the Fed is in decline. But I still think he has the game to beat Hewitt ffs. That's all I meant. Hewitt didn't particularly play well, and Federer played well below what he's capable of even currently. His timing was what was the most out and I think that that will improve and give him maybe a quarter or even semi final once we hit Melbourne.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

Showed promising signs at the ATP World Tour Finals though. He's still top 5-6 in the world.
it's just my frustration...i hate seeing him lose and i hate it even more seeing him lose to people he used to beat in his sleep...:)