• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If you were man enough to come eat steak with Burgey and I maybe you'd have the opportunity. *****.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was chuffed that GB won the fed cup match against Denmark, after all they were against the world number 1. Then I looked at who Heather Watson beat, and she was ranked in the 500s. Has there ever been a bigger differential between 1 & 2.

Anyway Watson looks like she could turn into our first decent female player since Durie.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I was chuffed that GB won the fed cup match against Denmark, after all they were against the world number 1. Then I looked at who Heather Watson beat, and she was ranked in the 500s. Has there ever been a bigger differential between 1 & 2.
Murray & whoever.

If not in rankings, then certainly in performance.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robson doesn't look too bad, tbf.
Not really going forward recently, mind you there's time, doesn't seem to be such a youth-orientated game, womens tennis nowadays. Once upon a time if you weren't ranked in the top 10 by about 17 you were past it, or so it seemed.

Anyway well done to Heather, trying to take out all the oppo starting from number one :cool:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia got absolutely pumped 1-4 by Italy :(

****ing Stosur. 2-0 up was a serious possibility, and in the end she didn't win a match at all.

Hope people wake up to this soon.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Italy are awesome in Fed Cup, aren't they? Schiavone and Pennetta have to be two of the most likable players going around, love their passion.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Italy are absolutely guns, but we had them on the ropes on day one. Was disappointing to end up being smashed like that.

Off topic, Somdev Devaarman of India in the South African 250 tournament final against Anderson. Would be sweet if he took that one out :cool:

vcs

Yeah Italy are absolutely guns, but we had them on the ropes on day one. Was disappointing to end up being smashed like that.

Off topic, Somdev Devaarman of India in the South African 250 tournament final against Anderson. Would be sweet if he took that one out :cool:
Would love it. :cool:

Who are we playing in Davis Cup?

vcs

Haha India play Serbia, reigning champions. :dry:
Home or away? Actually wouldn't rule out us giving them a big scare at home. Dodgy Jaipur grass courts FTW. :cool: Paes once beat Ivanisevic in a singles match there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Devvarman up a break 2-1 against Anderson (had break points in the first game, and then broke in the third) before rain halted play.

Gtfo

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Ivanisevic is coming back, too.

Poo never officially retired, just hasn't played on the tour since 2006.
Haha only doubles, though! It is pretty cool when some old players do this. McEnroe won a title a couple of years back, and I think it was Becker (?) that played Hamburg doubles last year or something?

Scud played in a US Challenger last year and IIRC was beaten by Michael Yani. From what I remember, the reports weren't great.

EDIT: Didn't notice Goran had already played. He and Cilic got done by a Slovakian pairing.

Last edited: