• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We're going 5 baby!

GILLES GILLES GILLES!

Lol @ France picking that hack Llodra instead of Simon in the Davis Cup Final 5th rubber.

I love when I'm right.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another great match. Fantastic fightback from Simon after he looked like he was heading for a straight sets exit.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
In some ways it's more fun supporting Roger Federer now than it was when he was unbeatable. Tough second round opponent. I don't know why so many people were sleeping on Simon when they said Federer had an easy draw.

vcs

Monfils
Tsonga
Verdasco

Three of the last names in the top 30 which I'd say would come back from 2 sets to 0 down. Not exactly known for being fighters to the bitter end.

Love that those three dug in. Guns :cool:

Why you'd cheer on a match fixer like Tipsarevic is beyond me.
I hate Tipsarevic as well, just less than Verdasco. Never heard anything about matchfixing TBH. I know Davydenko was wrongly implicated once.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought I might get an early night from watching the late match tonight with Federer wrapping up an easy 3 set win, but full credit to Simon for really pushing Federer and almost pulling off a ridiculous upset. Looks like Djokovic was on court for more than three hours and dropped a set as well, so not all easy going for the big guns.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Just on Tomic, he's seemed like a massive douche in the past, particularly last open, but I thought he came across ok after he won on Tuesday. Last year Could have been just a case of a young kid getting some bad advise from a dbag parent. It's not like that's an unfamiliar scenario in tennis. I hope to see him do well.

Burgey

Was a good match last night. Simon was gutsy, hit some crackers. Fed had another one of those nights where his forehand decided to go missing.

Just hope Sam Shoulders wins tonight.

_Ed_

Anyone hear the post-match interview with Clijsters? Apparently it was a bit hilarious and awkward. Can anyone confirm?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Tomic serving for the match against López here who has just imploded.

He doesn't hit many winners, but he keeps a lot of balls in play. I'm really interested to see how he goes once he puts some muscle on.