• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fantastic match, so unpredictable - value for money for those spectators heading along to a first round match! Bit disappointed to see Ivanovic choke, and a bit embarrassing to hear Safina was so comprehensively demolished.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing that even Aussies can't stand Hewitt in general. :laugh:

I would have bet my life savings that the match would go five sets with multiple momentum swings, and that's exactly what happened. Just so typical of a Hewitt-Nalbandian match.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Entertaining if not crazy match.

Well played Lleyton, now **** off. Another first round exit for him :)
Lleyton Hewitt Slams: 2
David Nalbandian Slams: 0

Suck on that you overrated, slimy, fat, cross-eyed Argentinian ****.

Still, good match though Hewitt struggles due to an inability to hit winners. Can't see Nalbandian getting past Ferrer tbh.

vcs

Nalbandian is one of the most talented players not to win a Slam (along with Miloslav Mecir).

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm one of the most eloquent people to never finish a crossword. No reason to brag about it.

(Match finished less than an hour ago on TV here. Give me a break :p )

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh, and the **** is still crosseyed.

Would go so far as to say one of the most crosseyed players never to win a Slam (along with Barbra Streisand).

vcs

I'm one of the most eloquent people to never finish a crossword. No reason to brag about it.

(Match finished less than an hour ago on TV here. Give me a break :p )
Oh, I agree, it's a shocking waste of talent, nothing to be proud of.

Mecir though was genuinely unlucky with injuries from what I've heard.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was a simply amazing match of tennis last night. Was on the edge of my seat for so long. Disappointing to see Hewitt go out, and although his game has improved since returning from injury he just doesn't have the weapons like he used to to trouble the top 15 players consistently.

howardj

International Coach
Hewitt has never had any weapons though. He's got by on sheer tenacity, fitness and a solid all-round game. The modern day Michael Chang. Good all round players but lacking killer blows. He's really rung every last drop out of his tennis ability, and done a fantastic job to win two Slams.

howardj

International Coach
For sure.

I think it's amazing the progress that he's made in his short time back from injury.

Hats off (backwards) to him.

vcs

**** off Verdasco. :@ God I hate him. How Tipsarevic allowed him back into the match is beyond me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Monfils
Tsonga
Verdasco

Three of the last names in the top 30 which I'd say would come back from 2 sets to 0 down. Not exactly known for being fighters to the bitter end.

Love that those three dug in. Guns :cool:
**** off Verdasco. :@ God I hate him. How Tipsarevic allowed him back into the match is beyond me.
Tipsavric pretty much gave up there.
Why you'd cheer on a match fixer like Tipsarevic is beyond me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good to see Simon fighting. Broken Fed 3 times on the trot now.

Still a long way back, even if he takes this set.