• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i love my tennis and love my gamlbing, so i thought we could have some updated odds...

Roger Federer $2.50
Andy Roddick $3.00
Lleyton Hewitt $5.00
Andre Agassi $9.00
Tommy Haas $17.00
Nicolas Kiefer Add $31.00
Tim Henman $34.00
Joachim Johansson $41.00
Dominik Hrbaty $67.00
Tommy Robredo $81.00
Tomas Berdych $101.00
Karol Beck $151.00
Michael Llodra $151.00
Andrei Pavel $151.00
Olivier Rochus $201.00
Sargis Sargsian $201.00

Simon

i see Hrbaty as the value pick, with moya gone in his quarter he can make the semis and anything can happen from there, hes won 3 tournaments this year and is in the top 12 in the ATP race.
Having said that, id be surprised if anyone out of those top 5 dont win the tournament.

Simon

broncoman said:
My semi finalist tips are
Kiefer vs Agassi/Federer
Haas/Hewitt vs Roddick
all those guys are still in there and looking good :D
my grand slam tipping has been diabolical this year, i have a chance to redeem myself here!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well Haas' run has come to an end. It was a lose-lose situation for him in the 4th round, lose and he's out, or win and he's out next round to the rampaging Hewitt. I've watched the last two of Hewitt's matches and he is playing better than he was when he won the US Open & Wimbeldon. It will be a tougher contest for Hewitt and the only question will be if he can get through to the Semi finals without losing a set. Which I predict he will do.

It will be two great Semi final matches with Federer beating Henman and Hewitt getting past Roddick.

Hewitt v Federer final.

Simon

umm kyle, haas former world number 2, ive watched all his matches so far, hes in the best form of his life, hes going to knock hewitt off, dont let the australian media fool you about hewitt, when other players are on their game hewitt is very much beatable no matter how well hes playing....

and marc, i like your attitude :D

Simon

also, henman is rooted, hrbaty is going to knocked him off the in quarters, im hoping for a haas v hrbaty final, cause my best mate is a hrbaty fan, and this may be our only chance to see a grand slam final between the two!

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
umm kyle, haas former world number 2, ive watched all his matches so far, hes in the best form of his life, hes going to knock hewitt off, dont let the australian media fool you about hewitt, when other players are on their game hewitt is very much beatable no matter how well hes playing....

and marc, i like your attitude :D

Simon

Mister Wright said:
So you won't put your avatar where your mouth is?
haha, its not that at all, just i dont see what my avatar has to do with tennis, i think theres enough riding on the match as it is ;)

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
haha, its not that at all, just i dont see what my avatar has to do with tennis, i think theres enough riding on the match as it is ;)
I thought you said you loved to combine gambling and tennis? Here is a massive opportunity to prove that.

The avatar doesn't have to be tennis related, just the winner gets to choose which avatar the loser has to display for a week.

Simon

naa i dont want to do that, i think tommy will win, but i dont particulary want my avatar to be on his shoulders.
so you think lleyton will win in 3 sets, im tipping tommy in 4.

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
naa i dont want to do that, i think tommy will win, but i dont particulary want my avatar to be on his shoulders.
so you think lleyton will win in 3 sets, im tipping tommy in 4.
Yep, I'll even go as far as to tip the scoreline;

Hewitt (4) d Haas (17?)

7-6 (7-5) 6-4 6-0