• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haas unseeded mate, ranked 45th ;)

if we r predicting scorelines ill say
6-2, 7-5, 2-6, 7-6

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
haas unseeded mate, ranked 45th ;)

if we r predicting scorelines ill say
6-2, 7-5, 2-6, 7-6

HaHa! That's classic! If you think with the current form that Hewitt is in that he's going to get beaten in the first set, you are dreaming. :wacko:

Hewitt is returning the best I have seen him, so Haas is going to have to be on the job with his serve, which has been known to crack in the big matches. Hewitt is covering the court quicker than ever before and his serve actually looks like a weapon! All I can say is - "Good luck Tommy, you're going to need it!"

Simon

we all know how bad hewit's first serve is in the big matches, haas is playing better than ever before, and on top form kyle hes a better player that hewitt. Lleyton just doesnt have major weapons, if someone like haas can be in top form he should win.
Tommy has started matches well throughout the tournament too, hes doing a good job on the return of serve, if he can limit the double faults he will win, he only made 10 unforced errors in the whole match against berdych in the 4th round, another performance like that and the match is his...

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
we all know how bad hewit's first serve is in the big matches, haas is playing better than ever before, and on top form kyle hes a better player that hewitt. Lleyton just doesnt have major weapons, if someone like haas can be in top form he should win.
Tommy has started matches well throughout the tournament too, hes doing a good job on the return of serve, if he can limit the double faults he will win, he only made 10 unforced errors in the whole match against berdych in the 4th round, another performance like that and the match is his...
Yes, and I'm sure that Berdych put more pressure on Haas' groundstrokes than Hewitt will.

Don't get me wrong Simon, I'm a big Tommy Haas fans, he is one of my favourite players and if Hewitt still wasn't in the tournament he would be the one I'd be backing, but I've never seen Hewitt play with this much confidence. And Hewitt has no major weapons? So, you don't consider the return of serve a weapon - heck, Agassi used it as a weapon for something like 20 years. Is court speed not a major weapon? Defensive/attacking lobs? Groundstroke consistency?

Simon

they arent weapons, they are strengths, when i say weapons, i refer to a killer serve, massive back hand, huge forhand, something that can get you out of troule if you need it. Hewitt has a very solid game built around his court speed and making few errors and this type of game cant cope when the big guys are throwing the kitchen sink at him.

Dont underestimate the win against berdych, hes only 18 and makde the 4th round, not to mention his win over federer at the olympics, hes got to be in some pretty handy form.

the schedule for tomorrow hasnt been released yet, i just hope its not a night match, because i have a driving lesson tomorrow and ill miss it, hopefully its first up on centre court at 1am.

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
they arent weapons, they are strengths, when i say weapons, i refer to a killer serve, massive back hand, huge forhand, something that can get you out of troule if you need it. Hewitt has a very solid game built around his court speed and making few errors and this type of game cant cope when the big guys are throwing the kitchen sink at him.

Dont underestimate the win against berdych, hes only 18 and makde the 4th round, not to mention his win over federer at the olympics, hes got to be in some pretty handy form.

the schedule for tomorrow hasnt been released yet, i just hope its not a night match, because i have a driving lesson tomorrow and ill miss it, hopefully its first up on centre court at 1am.
Well...roll me in flour and call me a pizza base, because the last time I watched a tennis game a guy who can return big serves with interest has a major weapons and a guy that can run down pretty much any shot and put it in a good position on a court has a major weapons, but anyway.

I'm pretty sure they'll be first up, Agassi is playing now, so they will want the Women's semis at night.

Simon

id take a big serve over a great return of serve any day....

agassi has just won the second set so its 1 set all with federer now and hemna is serving at 6-5 with a break up 1 set to love. hrbaty had 3 set points at 4-5 too....

Simon

not sure, haas vs hewitt is third up on centre court tomorrow, so i expect they will be on court around 4am

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
when u said that hewitt has nothing to get him out've trouble si... have u ever heard of the size of the heart in the dog

Slow Love™

International Captain
The conditions in which Federer and Agassi are playing right now are amazing. The wind is so strong that when they serve, the ball toss is moving a couple of meters in the air. They can barely get a second serve in, let alone a first. Looking like going to a five-setter.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
6-2 6-2 6-2
Comments Si?

:D :D :D

lleyton yet to drop a set and looking the best he has for a long long long long time....

Comments Si?

Haas ousted in the quarters. and he did get thrashed it wasn't even tight...

Comments Si?

What weapon of hewitts destroyed Haas today?

Comments Si?

:D :D :D

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe it was the Wind??

Haas like the true champion he is sulked and spat the dummy everytime he was broken....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
also, henman is rooted, hrbaty is going to knocked him off the in quarters, im hoping for a haas v hrbaty final, cause my best mate is a hrbaty fan, and this may be our only chance to see a grand slam final between the two!

Well done Simon, killed them both off in a matter of Hours :p :p :p