• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
This thread is old enough that we should have taken notice at the time, but so uncultured that I doubt it...(although Jono was a big fan of old Nalbs)
jono for whatever reason disliked federer so anyone who owned a good record against him, he was a fan of...nalbandian had the wood on federer during the early 2-3 years of federer's career...he jumped on nadal's bandwagon as soon as he started beating federer consistently...that's my theory at least, he never owned up to it...:)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
jono for whatever reason disliked federer so anyone who owned a good record against him, he was a fan of...nalbandian had the wood on federer during the early 2-3 years of federer's career...he jumped on nadal's bandwagon as soon as he started beating federer consistently...that's my theory at least, he never owned up to it...:)
Agreed, but that little patch he had with losses to Nalbandian and Gonzalez were very different to what we've seen from Federer in the past 3-4 years where he'd lose the odd random match (Canas, Djokovic etc.) but that patch was a little weird.

Its only natural, as you say, for people and the media to speculate about Federer not being that good anymore when he loses a few matches.

Btw, gotta love Nalbandian's come-back to the top 3-5 tennis players going around. His matches vs. Nadal, Djokovic and especially Federer near the end of the year were brilliant. Hopefully he has a great 2008. Love him and tennis needs at least one of Nalbandian, Safin, Ferrero or Hewitt (as much as I hate to admit it) back to the top 5.
go argue with a brick wall from the past

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yes thanks for the trip down memory lane...he could be incredibly stubborn about stuff like these...:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah this is being questioned only because it is djokovic...pretty standard, non-controversial decision...

Niall

International Coach
2 sides to many stories but that was bull****.

Should have been disqualified instantly and told to **** off, felt very sorry for Busta as I think he was unsure for to long what was happening and obviously the lady hit.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: and here come the big man defenders

Every person that's been around a tennis court a bit knows you don't hit the lines people. Completely deserved.
As soon as it hit the lines person, he had to go. Can't be an argument about it. In fact, he'd apparently even talked about it at a press conference a few years ago when he nearly nailed a line judge and joked he'd never get suspended. **** him, having a very 2020 2020 is Novak. Couldn't happen to a better bloke.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty stupid rule though. At worst it should really be a warning or dock a point. At an absolute absolute stretch award a game or set.