• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tamil Nadu Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Slim

International Coach
if there's a thread on this please merge, but what does the forum think of the srinivasan league?

the names of the teams are at best laughable and at worst the subject of a skit about capitalism in sport, and they don't use DL but instead the VJD method, but it does provide chennai's young cricketers with fair opportunities to mingle with some big players, i think the biggest being ravi ashwin and murali vijay- so even if the intention might be srinivasan baking another pie and getting his finger well stuck in it, it does have some positives for cricket

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think there's one for it.

It just instinctively feels wrong that he's behind it, given his history. He really shouldn't be involved with cricket at any level. That said it can only be good for the players involved and fans of the sport in the area, given that the current regime seems like they're going out of their way to schedule nothing of importance there.

Daemon

Lol, I'm not going to bother speaking to you regarding this topic because you're so madly in love with Chennai and everything to come out of it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol, I'm not going to bother speaking to you regarding this topic because you're so madly in love with Chennai and everything to come out of it.

Nah.. you just dont bother speaking to me coz as always you get found out... And of course, accusations of bias are always rich coming from you 8-)

OverratedSanity

As someone who loathes Chennai wholeheartedly I approve of this post. No wonder that ****hole produced a **** like srini.

Daemon

Nah.. you just dont bother speaking to me coz as always you get found out... And of course, accusations of bias are always rich coming from you 8-)
I'm biased? That's a first.

I'll humour you anyways. Srinivasan is a horrible person. He's been linked to corruption in cricket, refused to acknowledge nauseatingly obvious conflict of interest situations, changed BCCI regulations so that he could own a team, been part of a massive corruption case involving India Cements and some corrupt as **** politicians, and as the icing to his filthy **** cake, he's even harassed and allegedly beaten his own son for being gay.

Plus he looks like Jabba the Hut ffs

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm biased? That's a first.

I'll humour you anyways. Srinivasan is a horrible person. He's been linked to corruption in cricket, refused to acknowledge nauseatingly obvious conflict of interest situations, changed BCCI regulations so that he could own a team, been part of a massive corruption case involving India Cements and some corrupt as **** politicians, and as the icing to his filthy **** cake, he's even harassed and allegedly beaten his own son for being gay.

Plus he looks like Jabba the Hut ffs

Linked to corruption? Can you tell me anyone in the BCCI who isn't? Even the court noted his contributions towards cricket. Part of a massive corruption case involving India Cements? Again, it is still an investigation and nothing has come out of it yet. And what do you think Pawar, Dalmiya etc. were upto anyways? Harassed his son for being gay? That is still one man's word against the other. All you have is a bunch of allegations, none of which is proven. Yes, the conflict of interest was pretty obvious and he was very wrong about it, just as his arrogant as **** persona which makes him instantly unlikeable. But fact he has done more for the game in India than any of Pawar, Manohar or Thakur are doing or have done.

And FWIW, AFAIC, based on my reading of events, his biggest mistake has been his attitude and he deserved everything he got as a result. That has nothing to do with questioning his motive or support of the game when he has been doing it for ages, even when it was not such a glamorous sport across India. He is an arrogant idiot and I wish he is not running TNCA but I know enough to acknowledge everything he has done for the game at all levels. And yes, I do wish this league goes well coz **** it, this is a great cricket city and will always be.

Daemon

You asked for his history, there it is. All I said was it instinctively feels wrong that he should be involved with cricket. I believe that should remain the case until these allegations are cleared, if ever.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There is no history of anything being proved here. As I said, all you got is allegations. And if people with allegations should not be around running cricket, the entire BCCI has to be disbanded. And when the Apex Judge of the Apex Court says that, the arrogant ****s file a lawsuit saying they are biased against the frickin BCCI ****ers. So unless you think the entire BCCI should go away (and I do think they should, including that cheat and douchebag Manohar), I dont see the consistency.

Daemon

I do think that anyone involved in such serious allegations should be barred. I don't know if that includes the 'entire BCCI' but if it does then so be it.

Burgey

Isn't Chennai the place which had an open sewer running next to its international cricket ground?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
lol... no, it was the BUckingham Canal and yeah, those canals and rivers need to be cleansed. The Canal is not so bad but the river Coovum has been totally made a dumping yard. A lot of unplanned development across different pockets of the city has meant that the lesser earning populus end up with very unhygenic living conditions and it has all led to what is basically raping one of our water sources. IT is a pet project of every government of the state to say they will cleanse the river but no one ever does coz those slum dwellers are a sizeable percentage of voters. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.