• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 Tri-Series in NZ (NZ, Pakistan, Bangladesh)

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Well it's forecast for snow in Christchurch tonight, forecast clear for the first few games though, great way to start the international summer haha!
All games at Hagley Oval, Christchurch.

Fri 7th October - Bangladesh vs Pakistan 3pm
Sat 8th October - NZ vs Pakistan 7pm
Sun 9th October - NZ vs Bangladesh 7pm
Tue 11th October - NZ vs Pakistan 3pm
Wed 12th October - NZ vs Bangladesh 3pm
Thu 13th October - Bangladesh vs Pakistan 3pm
Fri 14th October - Final 3pm

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Poor Bangladesh and Pakistan. Will freeze. Wonder if they will be allowed to go skiing or will it be deemed too much of an H&S issue. Pakistanis near the mountains will have seen snow, but it will probably be new to the Bangladeshis.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ should win our conditions, which doesn't take away from the fact with KW dotting up at the top of the order that I give us little to no chance of making the semis in the T20 WC next month. This view has been consolidated after watching that English 2nd string T20 side vs. Pakistan, and seeing their batsmen keep attacking, even when they have just lost a wicket, with none of them getting tied up to be 8 off 14 balls at any stage, like KW who seems to feel that's acceptable.

Hopefully following this WC KW will do the right thing and retire from T20s so we can reshape our whole approach & get up to speed with the other top t20 batting line ups.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am actually excited about this series, coz for once its not a bilateral. Good idea by NZC. Guess it only really works if you can have 2 sides from the SC though, commercially speaking.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
NZ should win our conditions, which doesn't take away from the fact with KW dotting up at the top of the order that I give us little to no chance of making the semis in the T20 WC next month.
I felt the same before the last T20 WC, KW had an average tournament until the final too.

trundler

And Finn Allen, while Pakistan has arguably the best international T20 opening pair of all time (or since 2005).
You're right but none of these 3 teams look likely to put up a big 200+ score these days. I'm under the impression that Guptill is Finching it these days though he's a monster when he gets going. NZ the most likely to get there still.

Flem274*

123/5
i don't keep up with international t20 outside nz games but both tourists are a big chance here imo. even if you don't rate your t20 sides, we're finding ways to lose and that counts for a lot.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Apart from McCullum / Guptill ofc :ph34r:
McCullum av 35.66, s/r 136
Guptill av 31.79, s/r 136

Babar av 43.41, s/r 130
Rizwan av 52.53, s/r 129

Look at those averages!
I know strike rates are lower, but they play on slower pitches and bigger grounds where you can't just tonk 6s. Also Rizwan was my first pick in the big white ball draft, so I have to talk him up!

trundler

Babar av 43.41, s/r 130
Rizwan av 52.53, s/r 129

Look at those averages!
I know strike rates are lower, but they play on slower pitches and bigger grounds where you can't just tonk 6s. Also Rizwan was my first pick in the big white ball draft, so I have to talk him up!
Both have strike rates of about 132 opening fwiw.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And Finn Allen, while Pakistan has arguably the best international T20 opening pair of all time (or since 2005).
I almost think it's a shame they're in the same team because they're so similar. They'd both be even more effective if paired with a left-hander with a really high strike rate.

Zinzan

Babar av 43.41, s/r 130
Rizwan av 52.53, s/r 129

Look at those averages!
To be honest, all other things equal, I'd take Gups and BMac's extra 5-6 points on the SRs over the advantage Babar & Rizwan have in the average department every day of the week in T20s... If you average >30 (even >25 tbt) in T20s that's fine & then it's all really about the SR and how quickly you score.

Aritro

International Regular
i don't keep up with international t20 outside nz games but both tourists are a big chance here imo. even if you don't rate your t20 sides, we're finding ways to lose and that counts for a lot.
I don't think it's certain that we're even a top-12 T20 nation at the moment dude. The Scots have better hitters than us and even Hong Kong gave us a game. I'm not sure how bad yours is but it'd be a surprise if we won.

I'm just hoping we get some practice on some properly flat 180+ T20 roads before the World Cup because we never get to play on them but it sounds like that might unlikely given the weather.

Flem274*

123/5
Does t20 have enough time for a small strike rate difference to negate the runs difference? I'm not sure it does.

20 runs between Babar and Guptill is huge. Game winning potentially.