• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 Tri-Series in NZ (NZ, Pakistan, Bangladesh)

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
I like that they decided to schedule night games in Christchurch in October. Gets to about 20 in the afternoon, and drops to 4-5 degrees at night. Wonder if NZC thought the cold would be home advantage?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I like that they decided to schedule night games in Christchurch in October. Gets to about 20 in the afternoon, and drops to 4-5 degrees at night. Wonder if NZC thought the cold would be home advantage?
I have to admit I don't understand TV. But the two weekend games are 7pm, and the midweek ones are 3/4pm (including the final on Friday). How does 3-4pm interest TV viewers who generally won't get to a TV until 6pm or so? Forecast to not drop much in temperature by 7pm in CHCH, to be fair.

Tonight's game is running up against NZ v Australia in Women's Rugby World Cup, a Mitre 10 Cup semi-final and Bathurst. Surely 4pm would've got more viewership? Or am I missing something with the Asian viewership?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I have to admit I don't understand TV. But the two weekend games are 7pm, and the midweek ones are 3/4pm (including the final on Friday). How does 3-4pm interest TV viewers who generally won't get to a TV until 6pm or so? Forecast to not drop much in temperature by 7pm in CHCH, to be fair.

Tonight's game is running up against NZ v Australia in Women's Rugby World Cup, a Mitre 10 Cup semi-final and Bathurst. Surely 4pm would've got more viewership? Or am I missing something with the Asian viewership?
Yes, the later the NZ start time the better, especially for weekend games. There's a guide to how the YouTube analytics pages tend to look like (on a channel where the theme is 95% NZ emerging names):

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
No Finn Allen - unsurprising I guess, Guptill was always going to get the T20 WC.

Bowling attack of Boult, Southee, Sodhi, Tickner is oof.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
you're better than this nitty gritty accumulator stuff devon
Teams have worked out how to keep Conway quiet early. Which isn't great for my 'Conway should open in both ODIs and T20s' scheme.

Now Allen's out, will both these two soon be 8(15) and we lose all momentum?

ataraxia

International Coach
Most of these Conway classic shots are one bounce fours, which given they deserve 8 is a little sad. Also Conway good btw

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Did Conway always have this weird technique on a length where he looks completely uncomfortable and almost looks to squeeze it into the ground?