• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* T20 Tri-Series in NZ (NZ, Pakistan, Bangladesh)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does t20 have enough time for a small strike rate difference to negate the runs difference? I'm not sure it does.

20 runs between Babar and Guptill is huge. Game winning potentially.
Nah, I still maintain that based on the span of the format, once you average over 30 it's all about SRs more than it is about averages

thundaboult

International Debutant
"Quick Lockie Ferguson is dealing with a minor abdominal injury and the team could opt to play it safe and keep him out of this series – depending on how he responds to treatment."

Well well. S**t

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Temperature forecast to peak at 12 c today with a strong southerly making it feel like 10. Hope the tourists have packed their skivvies!

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Temperature forecast to peak at 12 c today with a strong southerly making it feel like 10. Hope the tourists have packed their skivvies!
That's positively summery compared to what they would've experienced yesterday, but a massive shock after usually playing in 30+. Might be a few dropped catches this arvo. I used to hate catching when playing in the cold, and it will be harder for P&B.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure why they are going to slot Liton at 4. I think Liton and Nurul should open and slot Afif at 4 followed by Yasir Ali and Moses.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Impressive, Mahmud Hasan bowling 140's....one at 145 too

Good to know that Bangladesh have a few 140km guys...they fielded a test attack much quicker than ours earlier this year too

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Don't feel like I know the Pakistan T20 team at the moment, didn't watch any of the mammoth 7 match series they played v England. Looks a good batting lineup though.

Bangladesh somewhat neutered away from home - always love Taskin, Mustafiz good but Mahmud looks very raw.

thierry henry

International Coach
Hasan's run up and action is so measured, slow and stiff, but efficient. I kind of like it. Trying to think of who it reminds me of, the tempo is very Mitchell Johnson but Hasan is not slingy at all.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hasan's run up and action is so measured, slow and stiff, but efficient. I kind of like it. Trying to think of who it reminds me of, the tempo is very Mitchell Johnson but Hasan is not slingy at all.
I don't mind the runup, but no real jump and seems to lose height in delivery so low point of release. Would like to see a side-on though, as can be deceptive watching a bowler with a very-straight runup from behind only.

thierry henry

International Coach
There’s something sort of quaint but pleasant but anachronistic about this. Pakistan and Bangladesh with their hordes of passionate fans, for some reason playing against each other in front of 12 people in Christchurch in what might as well be winter. On the surface nothing about it makes any sense.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it's funny. Tbf to the crowd, I wouldn't expect many more for a neutral match on a weekday preceding several NZ matches in the same city.

Bangaldesh won't get close to this score from here imo.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Daryl Mitchell ruled out of triseries with fractured hand. No Mitchell, no Santner, question marks over Ferguson.
I guess Chapman will replace him.

And Das is out. Game over.

Edit: 2 in 2