• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

mofo123

U19 12th Man
PCB dude shariyar convinced inzy to represent his country i wouldnt count that as selling out i count that as swallowing his pride for his country...GO INZY

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
For me it was funny how inzy did not want to play in the super series apparently as it would hurt is preparation for the English tourists when he looked like being the 12th man but now wants to play for 'his country'.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope the potato gets left out of the final XI, that would be hilarious. As for mofo123 I think if Inzi picked his nose he'd say how great Inzi was.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Have they said who will be the umpires yet?
I think they need a new crop of younger umpires or be able to use the 3rd umpire on some decisions. A bit radicle and if the umpires are doing the correct job (mostly) then we can stick to them,but for mine the umpiring in the ashes series was pretty bad for both teams.
Does anyone from England remember a bloke named Paul Riffel ,played for australia and victoria.
He played in the last world cup win,well he is flying through the ranks as an umpire as is the Endlish guy(the one with the beard) who used to play for England.They should be fast tracked as from what i saw of them they are excellent,have played at top level and have young eyes. They have to keep putting these youngsters through the system, and while im at it,im over billy bowdens antics as an umpire,it was a novelty at first and maybe allowed inODI but he should be told to stop in the tests and use correct signals,he has a bent arm like murali and he is a chucking umpire hahaha but IMO he should not be allowed to bring his own show onto test crickets stages of the world.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
venomous said:
Inzy's decision is not lame nor immature, its a very wise decision. He did what was needed to be done. A player who has performed consistently well in both forms of the game, than so called biggies like Sachin, Gibbs, Kallis etc etc & etc for last 2-3 years, is negelected through out the course of selection...and then gets a replacement in the end, for an injured players who has been injured for last 2 years!...that's just simply pathetic, just pathetic!....but well, it wld have been a waste of time for him, so he shldn't care much. Better to stay home and get prepared for the upcoming tough series, instead of filling up ICC & selectors deep pockets by playing in a futile series.
The selectors must thank Inziman now for helping to fill the coffers. I wonder why he is now playing or if you now have changed your mind as you have not responded since he done his big BIG U turn hahaha,he is a bigger man than i thought him to be if he made the decision but smaller than an ant if it is found that he has been ordered to do hi big BIG U Turn,,,
I think the same reason he was initially left out of the team will be the same reason he wont quiet make it into the side. I hope he mixes the cordiall correctly for the guys that wanted to play in the first place as i feel the selectors that he bagged unmercifully will now slap him right accross his chopperz.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
I dont think i go to cricket for umpire entertainment ,just players ,thats there job

SpaceMonkey said:
yeah how DARE he try and entertain people....hang him i say! 8-)
I dont find him entertaining,i just think he is a show unto himself.
Where do you draw the line,if players were to try and change things slightly then they would be jumped all over. As i said maybe in ODI he can do his performaing monkey tricks but on the test arena there is rules and standards that are in place and i feel King Billy Bowden is pushing the limits with his showoff antics. IMO only

Last edited:

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
What a shame that while the ODI against the rest of world will be on ,15 kilometers down the road on a old footy ground at moorabin a bloke will be trotting out his usuall crap bowling.
He is back to play with his original club in the district cricket. they should ask this bloke if he would like to come down and help the Aussies out in thier match as he will have the last day spare of the ODI as his team are playing on the other days in front of 30 people at best...His Name is
S K WARNE and his team is St Kilda district club,he last played for them a few years back and although the team is not what he started with (as in mates ) he does not forget his routes (no pun intended haha) Now to me that is class,he does not feel he is above that,and all he had to say was ,i need a rest,but unlike some others (inzi take note) he feels the game is bigger than the individual,his match payments for St Kilda., $ 110 dollars per day,about 40 -45 pound .
That i think is what cricket is all about,giving something back to the game,not just taking from the game all the time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
SpaceMonkey said:
yeah how DARE he try and entertain people....hang him i say! 8-)
I don't have a problem with his antics, but he has given a number of rather doubtful decisions over the past two years.

Choora

State Regular
jlo33692 said:
sorry m8 but who do i blame for the article if not the journalist?
Noone but urself!

The Journalist had nothing himself to say in the article and mostly quoted Inzi's words.Also now that Inzi has agreed to play the test match (even though he won't be part of ODI) it proves that his main problem was the mess created by PCB/ICC rather than his non selection in OD as i have maintained.

Just wanted to know chopra why you felt Inzi was not selected in the original squad ? think it was a combination of his record against Aus,and his general lack of fitness in the field,along with beind a non bowler all combined to stop selectors naming him in ODI
Incompetence on the part of selectors.Akhtar's record against Australia is not better than that of Inzi's and Akhtar's fitness is 100 times worse than that of Inzi, yet Akhtar is in boh team!! Care to explain that?? Also Tendulkar was unfit when he was included in the teams, so fitness wasn't a criteria atall.

I think Inzi was should have been in test 11, not sure about OD though.

Choora

State Regular
Scaly piscine said:
I hope the potato gets left out of the final XI, that would be hilarious. As for mofo123 I think if Inzi picked his nose he'd say how great Inzi was.
Final 11 out of 11 players, what the hell that means????

Choora

State Regular
cameeel said:
I hope the potato gets left out of the final XI

Whats wrong with that grammer choora?
Oh.. i was under the impression that final 11 players names have alreaday been announced and Inzi was one of them, didn't knew that he was one of the 14.

SJS said:
I am surprised he did not recieve better advise from someone like, say Imran Khan. Maybe he did and didnt listen.

A very unsavoury episode and Inzy doesnt come out with credit. ICC and its selectors dont count for me.
I hardly think that Imran Khan would care to give Inzi an advice on such a small thing.At such age u are old enough to make ur own mind

I think things would have been much better had PCB not misinformed Inzi about his inclusion in both matches or had they latter cared to tell INzi that he was only selected for test matches. The PCB just went silent when the team was announced and later treated Inzi badly by not even allowing him to park his car in the stadium so that Inzi could come and meet the PCB chairman.

PCB are bunch of morons!

Choora

State Regular
jlo33692 said:
The selectors must thank Inziman now for helping to fill the coffers. I wonder why he is now playing or if you now have changed your mind as you have not responded since he done his big BIG U turn hahaha,he is a bigger man than i thought him to be if he made the decision but smaller than an ant if it is found that he has been ordered to do hi big BIG U Turn,,,
I think the same reason he was initially left out of the team will be the same reason he wont quiet make it into the side. I hope he mixes the cordiall correctly for the guys that wanted to play in the first place as i feel the selectors that he bagged unmercifully will now slap him right accross his chopperz.
Whatever it means 8-)

I think he will make it to the playing eleven, but to make you feel better, i think he will fare poorly (don't think he will be in right frame of mind after all this long stupid episode).

So pray Inzi to fare poorly against Aussies and feel good.!

greg

International Debutant
jlo33692 said:
Have they said who will be the umpires yet?
I think they need a new crop of younger umpires or be able to use the 3rd umpire on some decisions. A bit radicle and if the umpires are doing the correct job (mostly) then we can stick to them,but for mine the umpiring in the ashes series was pretty bad for both teams.
Does anyone from England remember a bloke named Paul Riffel ,played for australia and victoria.
He played in the last world cup win,well he is flying through the ranks as an umpire as is the Endlish guy(the one with the beard) who used to play for England.They should be fast tracked as from what i saw of them they are excellent,have played at top level and have young eyes. They have to keep putting these youngsters through the system, and while im at it,im over billy bowdens antics as an umpire,it was a novelty at first and maybe allowed inODI but he should be told to stop in the tests and use correct signals,he has a bent arm like murali and he is a chucking umpire hahaha but IMO he should not be allowed to bring his own show onto test crickets stages of the world.
I'm not sure who you're talking about. The English guy flying through the ranks is Jeremy Lloyd. I assume the bloke with the beard is Peter Willey, who turned down the opportunity to be on the International panel because he didn't want to commit to the excessive travel and timetabling.

Don't really see the problem with Bowden's 'antics'. As long as he gets the decisions right. Umpires adopting individual styles has always been part of the game and provided great enjoyment to, and opportunity for mimicry for, the spectators, from Dickie Bird's "swordfight" style for signalling fours to Shep and Nelson.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm very disappointed in Inzy's behaviour. Absolutely shocking.

After all the fuss, i have a strong feeling he won't be picked in the original XI anyway. I feel he was unlucky to miss out being in the original squad, but I feel that the middle order will almost certainly be Lara, Kallis, Dravid and Flintoff. That really only leaves Inzy to carry the drinks, and if so the players are going to be waiting a while for the fluids to come to them.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Jono said:
I'm very disappointed in Inzy's behaviour. Absolutely shocking.

After all the fuss, i have a strong feeling he won't be picked in the original XI anyway. I feel he was unlucky to miss out being in the original squad, but I feel that the middle order will almost certainly be Lara, Kallis, Dravid and Flintoff. That really only leaves Inzy to carry the drinks, and if so the players are going to be waiting a while for the fluids to come to them.
Hear, hear.