• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Because of the swing he employed?

"More so Lee" - that's optimistic seeing how little he pitched it up in the Ashes.
but not totally the swing the got Smith into trouble but just bowling into his pads & with regards to Lee has i mentioned earlier if Australia get tapes of that series regardless of the fact that Lee didn't pitch it up that much (but when he did was dangerous) & they work to that plan they could get him out cheaply.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
He won't. He's not really needed in the one day make up anymore. He was a great player in his prime. There are just far too many guys pushing for inclusion in the one day side now. Time to look towards the next World Cup.
no mayn he performaces in the ODI's in england weren't that bad so i dont how he's not really in the ODI side anymore, i know they are other blokes who are pushing but until Martyo fails in ODI's soon i reckon he can make it to the WC & then move on.....

But on the topic of WC i hope selectors rest McGrath & Gilly in upcoming ODI tournments between now & then because they are definately keys players in our chances of making it 3 in a row......

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jono said:
Yeah its all but certain that Sachin won't play in either the ODIs or the Super Test. There's no way his elbow is ready, and its in his best interests, and the ROW team, for him to opt out I reckon. Unfortunate really because if I were to ever see Lara and Tendulkar out there batting together I think I'd cry tears of joy. Oh well.
yep. What a shame.

Monty

U19 Cricketer
yeah good point about bevo but it is sad that he got dropped from the odi side

why is that side so bad i think it is an awesome team because it has a balance of youth and experience

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Deja moo said:
It'd be interesting to see who comes in, Inzy or Vaughan. Its easily Inzy for me.
Inzy's a much better batsman but the selectors might want to make use of Vaughan's tactical astuteness.

Deja moo

International Captain
social said:
Inzy's a much better batsman but the selectors might want to make use of Vaughan's tactical astuteness.
But the captains and deputies have already been chosen. Besides, I dotn think Vaughan is any more astute tactically than any other captain. He just has a damn good attack in top form. Sure he gets the field placings right, but his attack is good enough to bowl to those fields too. Other captains are made to look foolish because their attacks simply do not bowl according to the fields they get.

tooextracool

International Coach
honestbharani said:
I think INzy has a fair chance to get in both sides for Sachin, but we will have to wait and see.
cant see any reason why they should look beyond chanderpaul to be honest. he has a good record in the last few years and more importantly he has a good record against australia.
and i dont really understand the logic of even considering michael vaughan for the test side, especially with graeme smith as captain.

tooextracool

International Coach
godofcricket said:
Well i personally think he should have been ahead of him anyway.....and i will never understand why they had to pick Gibbs over Inzy, what hasnt Inzy done lately which they have done????
especially considering how mediocre gibbs has been against australia in his career particularly against warne.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
So in one instance you say he's mostly got out after the ball starts to reverse, then in the next you say it's not reversed at half the grounds, thus rendering your initial comment inaccurate...
Lords had plenty of seam movement and conventional swing.
edgbaston and OT offered reverse.
TB offered conventional swing.
oval offered almost nothing until the rain come down.
not particularly surprising to see which pitch he scored on.

tooextracool

International Coach
aussie said:
With regards to the test match, i expect a result but looking at the R.O.W the only way AUS are going to win is if these individual weaknesses are exploited:

Smith - top bat but England had him covered in SA last winter with the ball coming back into him. So what i'm saying is if Hoggard of all people could get him in all sorts of problems i would back Pigeon or Lee to get him early.
presuming they actually get the ball to swing, in conditions that probably wont help them too. mcgrath and lee dont exactly swing the red ball significantly either.

tooextracool

International Coach
Monty said:
how can you say that about some one who made 8 tons last season in pura cup and mad a Sh!T tins of runs in ing
makes the aussie selectors look stupid for dropping him from the ODI series doesnt it?
we'll keep hayden, one year younger, because we like him a lot more.

tooextracool

International Coach
aussie said:
but not totally the swing the got Smith into trouble but just bowling into his pads & with regards to Lee has i mentioned earlier if Australia get tapes of that series regardless of the fact that Lee didn't pitch it up that much (but when he did was dangerous) & they work to that plan they could get him out cheaply.
are you serious?
just bowling on smith's pads without swing is a good way to let him get 277 all over again.

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
Just a reminder for all those that are not familiar with the TELSTRA DOME in Melbourne.
This is where the 3 ODI ,super series will be played. I see that in a few posts they post the predicted weather and this is unnesesary as it is a roofed stadium and will have the roof closed for the 3 games,therfor cancelling out any chance of washouts or reduced overs.
The Wicket will be a drop inn wicket. As for the Sydney test match no roof there but they have the opera house and harbour bridge to look at if it gets washed out hahaha.
Hope this helps someone overseas who may be planning a day of work to watch the cricket at night but may not want to take the risk on the weather washing it out,you can safely ask for a day off knowing you will get a full nights play.Just for the record i think Aus will be mighty hard to toss in both ODI and Test game (6 days) As it has been a long long time since Aus were beaten in series in aus by anyone,but it is a fair team they are playing huh? Does anyone in England plan on watching the games or just keep an eye on scores? Be interesting to see the ratings and whether the momentum built during the ashes in England continue, i hope it does,and keeps the footy of the back pages a bit longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm sure I'll keep an eye on how the England players do (when/if Kallis/Smith play I hope they do badly), won't be too bothered who wins.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I will be really bothered if the RoW don't win. IT would mean Australia are so much better than the Rest of the Cricketing World and that is not a good situation for the game.