• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Srilanka and New Zealand LO tours to India - Jan 2023

Sunil1z

International Regular
So both SL and NZ have never won a bilateral series in IND in any format ( excluding 1 off T20 match ) . Is there any other major team and country combination where a team hasn’t won any series?

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
So both SL and NZ have never won a bilateral series in IND in any format ( excluding 1 off T20 match ) . Is there any other major team and country combination where a team hasn’t won any series?
Maybe NZ in SA... Not sure there as well. Either way a very interesting stat.
SL not winning a single bilateral series across formats in India is surely a mind blowing stat considering how much we play each other. They have also not won a test in India which is even more surprising coz they have multiple test series wins in Pakistan & also UAE.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It wasn't clear to me - why did Bracewell not bowl more than one?

We're getting into classic sunk cost fallacy territory with Tickner. He might have a contract...but a T20I RPO of almost 10, 6.64 in ODIs ain't getting the job done. We really shouldn't be seeing this guy in squads going forward when there is more promising talent available.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
It wasn't clear to me - why did Bracewell not bowl more than one?

We're getting into classic sunk cost fallacy territory with Tickner. He might have a contract...but a T20I RPO of almost 10, 6.64 in ODIs ain't getting the job done. We really shouldn't be seeing this guy in squads going forward when there is more promising talent available.
Bowled good speeds. He might be better vs other subcontinent sides come ODI WC. He was decent in that bamglawash Tri series.
Worth persisting over the likes of Shipley.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowled good speeds. He might be better vs other subcontinent sides come ODI WC. He was decent in that bamglawash Tri series.
Worth persisting over the likes of Shipley.
I would have to disagree, kind sir. Despite being tall (shoutout to TH) and reasonably quick, he's far too hittable. Doesn't seem to me to have a get out of jail ball either - when he's getting hit, he keeps bowling the same tripe that gets hit further and further. Can't bat, and isn't a good fielder.

I'm biased on Shipley who I think has a big international future, but there's so much more talent we could look at. Sears, Fisher, Smith.N, I'd even suggest Doug Bracewell (shoutout to PEWS) is a better bet. Shipley/Smith/Bracewell bring hitting to the table, too.

Sunil1z

International Regular
SL not winning a single bilateral series across formats in India is surely a mind blowing stat considering how much we play each other. They have also not won a test in India which is even more surprising coz they have multiple test series wins in Pakistan & also UAE.
NZ have won ODI series in SA in 2013

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I would have to disagree, kind sir. Despite being tall (shoutout to TH) and reasonably quick, he's far too hittable. Doesn't seem to me to have a get out of jail ball either - when he's getting hit, he keeps bowling the same tripe that gets hit further and further. Can't bat, and isn't a good fielder.

I'm biased on Shipley who I think has a big international future, but there's so much more talent we could look at. Sears, Fisher, Smith.N, I'd even suggest Doug Bracewell (shoutout to PEWS) is a better bet. Shipley/Smith/Bracewell bring hitting to the table, too.
Wanted to see Fisher. He was impressive for NZ A on India tour last year. Bowls at decent pace as well.
Should get a look in soon.

Howsie

International Captain
If he could stay on the park I’m sure he wouldn’t be to far away. Kristan Clarke is another one, probably 18 months away but he’ll play international cricket for 10 plus years

Flem274*

123/5
Wow lol ahahah what happened here? Good game India well done clearly the better team here.

Clarke looks like a very athletic dude. I have him as a smokey too.

jcas0167

International Debutant
NZ won the ODI series against South Africa in 2012/13 after the 45 all out in the first test. Kane got 140 in the first game and saw the introduction of Neesham, Mitchell McC and Corey Anderson to the side.

Also, why didn't Doug Bracewell get a game in this series?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mildly embarassing result there, especially after winning the first match and being very close in the second.

Bowling obv the main problem - I'll watch later as interested to see how Lister bowled. Reversion to the mean for Tickner after getting mild praise in one of the earlier ODIs - it seems like it's just randomness when he does get it right for a few balls or a few overs as he has little control of line and length. Will continue to provide occasional glimpses of potential, but forecasting only false dawns. Likewise while I have a soft spot for Duffy, T20 is the last format I'd pick him in so it was surprising he made the side in the first two matches. It has been a tough series for our seamers (unsurprising in India) and we do desperately need to find one that makes the grade, but at the moment does not feel like we are making any progress.

Chapman failing this series is disappointing too.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
so, why didn't Doug Bracewell get a game in this series?
Its a tough balance between playing your best xi to get a series win and giving fringe players a chance to shine. Considering it was a fairly 'meaningless' series in the grand scheme of things you'd think everyone would've gotten a game across the Pakistan and Indian limited over series. On the flipside, giving a player one match to perform is a bit harsh, especially if they've been in the international cold for a while.

Bring back trip series imo. Or quadrangular. An Asian. Based yearly tournament featuring India + Pakistan/Bangladesh/sri Lanka and two SENA sides would be super fun imo