• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018/19

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A gentle request not directed at anyone in particular, but can we not have this discussion every time this guy comes up, especially as it's only been done about 134 times before, so everyone knows already.

Athlai

Not Terrible
bob definitely with some bad takes on this one. The defense's (successful) argument was that he didn't intentionally harm her and she had consented, but did acknowledge distress was caused to her and that she regretted consenting.

Not that shes a lying trollop looking to steal his big domestic cricket nobody $$$.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez I didn't expect quite this kind of escalation from my comment. I wasn't even meaning to imply whether he was guilty or not, I just thought Richardson's choice of words was amusing.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Yeah I'm not gonna say anything more about this at the request of Starfighter. But jeez that comment from bob riled me up.

IKWT

Cricket Spectator
He was not "proven not guilty", the burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. It's a high standard and can be difficult to prove in he-said, she-said cases.

A very high number of men charged with rape avoid conviction. I very much doubt that the women were making up stories in all those cases. Police do tend to weed these out.

That's my view as someone who has done criminal defence work, including successfully defending a rape charge.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I'm not gonna say anything more about this at the request of Starfighter. But jeez that comment from bob riled me up.
I’m not going to rehash it every time he plays ... I made my thoughts pretty clear at the time ... I’m not enjoying having him in the side and am just going to not comment on him at all.

But I’ll always call out the sort of crap veganbob posted. I think it needs to be done.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
There are some valid criticisms to be thrown in Scott's direction, but I wouldn't look to someone who has a history of writing articles about mansplaining and stuff for an objective take on the case.
Oh absolutely. He's hardly a hero either contrary to what the article says.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The biggest mistake in that article is the perception he'll be a star performer for us. I suspect he's a spud tbh.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah, I suspect the author isn't terribly knowledgeable about the sport.

My suspision is that Kugz will turn out to be basically a modern-day Ian Butler - not quite fast enough to demand a place with the ball, and not quite good enough with the bat to justify being an all-rounder.

Mike5181

International Captain
He's way less injury-prone than Butler and a much more accomplished bat. His bowling gets smacked around in domestic cricket quite a bit so that would be his main problem.

thundaboult

International Debutant
The guy has actual cricketing potential. He deserves a run. Better than tim friggin southee. And he can contribute more with bat than matt henry. Koogs has good stats in domestic cricket being an allrounder...NZ domestic scene isn't the easiest and is pretty damn competitive.

thundaboult

International Debutant
That's pathetic if true.

By the way, does anyone know what the particulars of Milne's current injury troubles are?
Stead's spoke recently that milny is back to almost 100%....if he comes in and its Fergy, Boult, Milne with a Neesh, Santner, Sodhi....all of a sudden you have yourself a rather roided up NZ bowling attack. Batting definitely takes a hit though. 2 all rounders and 5 pure batters...

Gup
Munro
Kane
Boss
Latham
Neesh
Sants
Milne
Sodhi
Ferg
Boult

looks batting-light but it could be good...maybe?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
The batting is more valuable. You can have the gunnest attack in the world and you still may go for 400 when the ball doesn’t swing.