• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of Australia 2019

SeamUp

International Coach
Beauty. When you watch a bowler and just see they have it.

Hopefully booked his Ashes spot. 5th seamer now to be decided (if it isn't Siddle already).

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chandimal and Mendis with identical footwork on their dismissals, both pushing forward without moving their front foot, like Head in the ODIs against SA.

Spark

Global Moderator
Beauty. When you watch a bowler and just see they have it.

Hopefully booked his Ashes spot. 5th seamer now to be decided (if it isn't Siddle already).
it's also about time that starc and hazlewood had real pressure placed on them from below

stephen

Jhye is the real deal people. Just looks like taking a wicket with every ball at the moment.

The Sri Lankans really aren't doing huge amounts wrong. The bowling is very tight from what little I've caught.

Spark

Global Moderator
Jhye is the real deal people. Just looks like taking a wicket with every ball at the moment.

The Sri Lankans really aren't doing huge amounts wrong. The bowling is very tight from what little I've caught.
I think technically there's a few things lacking but yeah they aren't playing bad shots by any means

you also don't expect lyon to be borderline unplayable day 1 at brisbane

SeamUp

International Coach
it's also about time that starc and hazlewood had real pressure placed on them from below
Definitely. Need to raise their game. It's been a long time since the big 4 were annointed and when Pattinson fell away they've lacked the genuine competition.

Starfighter

Lyon getting some stupidly steep bounce here. I wonder if those nascent, faint cracks in the middle of the pitch are playing up a bit more normal.

stephen

Until a second ago, de Silva's "productive shot" according to cricinfo was "left alone" :lol:

Spark

Global Moderator
also would be really nice if director of the tv feed could fix the ****ing colour grading. the ball should be pink, not the players

stephen

Tuffers is the most boring Englishman I've ever heard to be honest. He's the only bloke I hear on the TV and can't process what he's saying because the tone of his voice puts me to sleep.

SeamUp

International Coach
Man, I feel for Sri Lanka.

New Zealand was the valiant fight. They lost their talisman in the battle and are now going to get battered and bruised in Australia and still have to come to South Africa.

stephen

Man, I feel for Sri Lanka.

New Zealand was the valiant fight. They lost their talisman in the battle and are now going to get battered and bruised in Australia and still have to come to South Africa.
I do too. I genuinely wish it was India that was being flattened by this Australian bowling lineup.